Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Really Old Classic Mag - Discovering History

open up one side of the grip panel and pack a whole bunch of mud in there.
    that would help with some "classic" aspect.

at what level did the foamie bolt go away? I bought my first mag used, on consignment at the only field we had(which had sold it originally) from the first owner, it came with a foamie bolt serial number 37313 and it has the WGP frame. I think it was around 92 or 93 when I bought it and it was less than 6 months old, might have been early 94 even. I still have it and have added a dozen in the last 10 years. time to start an M.A.A group.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    at what level did the foamie bolt go away?
    The foamie was still around into lvl7. Please remember that the time from the public release of the classic mag in '90 with a lvl5 until the release of the lvl7 was less than 2 years.

I think the hard nose with the recessed nose came first and then the "long-nose" came out around '98. lvl10 bolts didn't come out until 2002.

Also, I think I'm going to put a longer hose on there and coil it like the good old days.
    Last edited by bowcycle; 07-12-2014 at 01:07 PM.

Here, does this bring anyone warm fuzzies?

Also, I've slightly modified the name of this thread and am asking that it be moved. It was hardly ever a WIW thread in the first place and has progressed far beyond that intent.

I'm not sure where the best place for it is (maybe Paintball Talk), but will leave that up to the mods.
    Last edited by bowcycle; 07-12-2014 at 04:15 PM.

so here's our new home...
    And I'm officially going back to this look. I think it's where this mag will stay.

But on to the next question:
    Is there any way to get the valve re-etched?

Much of the laser etching is fading and I think it would be pretty cool to be able to bring it back to life.