Thread: 68 automag classic valve body location

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

68 automag classic valve body location

First post.

I ended up with the marker in a CL deal, and have been trying to get it running for my son. I could not get the gun to seal, and disassembled and reassembled the gun several times trying to determine the cause of the leaks. I installed a soft-parts rebuild kit, and the problem didn't change.

Then, after the umpteenth test, I noticed the gun seemed okay when I first gassed it, but then leaked after the first shot. I realized the valve body was moving aft, and leaving a good gap between it and the main body of the marker (photo). Testing that, I used a big ziptie around the feedneck and the gas port to hold the valve body in the proper (fully forward) position. Rigged thus, the gun operates normally, with no leaks.

So, looking at the 'receiver' of the marker, I see the 'keyway' where the locating pin goes. Apparently, there is something incorrect there, but I don't know what it should look like. I've attached a photo so perhaps someone can tell me what's wrong.

Assuming the keyway is compromised, how can I fix it? Can AGD do anything with it?

Second question: What is the starting 'setting' for the regulator? How many turns from where?

Thanks! pr
    Attached Images Attached Images