Thread: Retro valve velocity issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Retro valve velocity issue

So I went to chrono my retro valved mag and the first shot would shoot way over 300fps and then drop down too 200-230fps(shooting about 1 or 2bps). Has the stock on/off and a level 10(no leaks) if that matters. Any help appreciated, thanks

Cyco-Dude Guest
    sounds like you need to check the reg seat o-ring. it may be bad or contaminated, and not allowing the regulator to regulate correctly. unscrew the reg body from the valve; the o-ring you're interested in is behind the brass seat, closest to the valve / on/off.

I'll start with checking that out, although I won't be able to chrono until next weekend, I'll post up if it was the problem or not. Thanks

Cyco-Dude Guest
    another symptom would be air venting out the back of the velocity adjustment nut. if that's not the problem, i'd move on to the regulator piston o-ring.

yup, the problem is in your regulator seals somewhere. i'd rebuild the whole thing. you are getting wicked regulator creep.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

Give the valve a good cleaning and inspect the orings while you have them out. Chances are, you have a piece of dirt on one of the orings. It is most likely the regulator seat oring to cause that issue.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.