Thread: CP bottom line

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

CP bottom line

Just picked up a 68 Automag that had a remote set up on it. Went and got a bottom line fromr my local shop. The screws for the cp bottom line adapter seem to be to small for the attachment to the frame. Is this normal?

Mine fit perfect. Pretty sure the screws are 10-32.

If I'm understanding your question right. The thredded frame is larger than the bolts with the CP? Does it look like someone drilled them out and retaped them? Someone may have stripped them and retaped 12-24?
    Last edited by blackdeath1k; 06-20-2014 at 08:02 PM.

It shouldn't be. The bottomline holes are pretty standard, except for old spyder spacing. Don't confuse being tight with misalignment. It more likely that because it had a remote setup, that dirt and gunk got into th threads and is giving you a hard time.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbarker84 View Post
    Just picked up a 68 Automag that had a remote set up on it. Went and got a bottom line fromr my local shop. The screws for the cp bottom line adapter seem to be to small for the attachment to the frame. Is this normal?
    too small...you mean too short? if so, yeah that can happen. get longer bolts. if they are just socket head cap screws, you can get them at ace hardware for .50 a piece or so. you can also get flathead bolts too, but they are phillips head, which technically can work but they round out super easy if you aren't careful.

i just ordered 10 stainless 1" flathead bolts (allen drive) off of ebay and cut them down to whatever size i need.

I'm saying the threaded holes on the grip frame are too big for the screws that came with the cp Asa adapter. I will try new screws today. Thanks for all the input

Oh, someone either had some 8-32 screws and threw them in or something else.
    Just get some 10-32 threaded screws. Bring the ASA with you so you c.an gauge the depth you need.

If you have a CF frame you'll want to be sure the nuts are actually in the frame. Bottomline screws don't actually thread into the frame itself, but rather they pass through holes in the frame into square nuts that are held in place by the grip panels. 10-32 should be the right size screw thread, but you'll probably need at least 1' long screws for them to grab and secure properly.