Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mill her down!

9 90.00%
  • Leave it stock.

1 10.00%

Thread: Milling Emag Rail.

Milling Emag Rail.

Is it blasphemy to mill an Emag Rail? I've been toying with the idea of having my rail milled down on my Emag to reduce weight as I sort of want to make the marker my main Speedball marker. Is it acceptable to do this or will the Automag gods strike me down?

No. A rail is just a piece of metal. Luke offers plenty of options for milling out the weight. If you were to hack up a Xmag or SFL, then it would be blasphemous. Cut away, take some before and after pics.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    you could do something like internal milling to reduce weight, but leave the outside alone so it still appears stock. there's a lot more weight to be saved in the barrel, body and valve. aluminum is your friend!

Only reason not to mill it would be if its one of the original fancy anodized rails. If its black do ahead there are plenty out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Do what you want. Are you talking about ULE milling or actually cutting it down?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    you could do something like internal milling to reduce weight, but leave the outside alone so it still appears stock. there's a lot more weight to be saved in the barrel, body and valve. aluminum is your friend!
    Do this. Winds up being better all around.

Or you can just trade it in case there is someone looking for a un milled rail

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Do what you want. Are you talking about ULE milling or actually cutting it down?
    A little of both, Luke may be seeing alot of work coming his way in the very near future. I already have him installing an efficiency insert in the valve and the board will be shipped out shortly to Tuna to be reflashed to the latest and greatest X mod software.

Waiting on a ULE body from AGD at the moment. One thing about mags I don't like is i'm always broke when I own one lol

I shipped your valve back to you this afternoon.

I have an orange/yellow ULE milled one if you are looking to save the rail itself.
    no emag stickers though, I think it is a factory anno, its like the sunrise anno,
    I would have to unpack it to remember if it has the factory lasering on it.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I shipped your valve back to you this afternoon.
    Wow that was quick! You had it like a day...Thanks again Luke!

Quote Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
    Wow that was quick! You had it like a day...Thanks again Luke!
    Actually it was more like 2 hours.

If I have time, I just get it done so I don't have to think about it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Actually it was more like 2 hours.

If I have time, I just get it done so I don't have to think about it, lol.
    Valve was received yesterday and is back in the gun ready to rock. Anyways, has anyone ever had trouble getting the battery to fit in the foregrip? I Ordered a battery from AGD and it literally would not fit, even with a little bit of force. So I ordered a second battery and it was a bit snug but it fit fine. It wasn't cheap buying two batteries just to get one that fit.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
    Valve was received yesterday and is back in the gun ready to rock. Anyways, has anyone ever had trouble getting the battery to fit in the foregrip? I Ordered a battery from AGD and it literally would not fit, even with a little bit of force. So I ordered a second battery and it was a bit snug but it fit fine. It wasn't cheap buying two batteries just to get one that fit.
    if you can't press it down into the case, try unbolting the bottom plate and pushing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    if you can't press it down into the case, try unbolting the bottom plate and pushing it up.
    I tried everything to make the first battery fit, Including that. It just would not fit. I'm hoping this thread is going to be more of a documentation/problem/help thread then anything for my E-Mag build.

I'm late to the party! Like Cougar20th said.... The only rails I would not mill are factory anodized colors like red, wine, blue, orange/yellow, etc. Anything else is fine by me

By the way, I remember seeing this on the AGD site.

This is a complete NiMh battery pack w/contacts. **THESE BATTERIES ARE NOW 1000 mAh** Don't forget to recharge before use. These more powerful slightly longer batteries may or may not need the spacer o-ring in the bottom of the housing.