Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PTP Micro Mag Vert ASA Interest Thread.

PTP Micro Mag Vert ASA Interest Thread.

I know a bunch of people are looking for vert ASA adapters for their PTP Micromags. I am willing to spearhead a limited run of them (since I need one as well). I need to find out if there is enough demand to warrant having a batch made. I don't have details right now, but if you are seriously interested in one or more please post up.

I would be up for one or two

Same here. One or Two would be nice. I messaged you on Facebook BigEvil. I am hoping to still find someone to make my forgrip extenders.

I'm UK based these thing's are damed near impossible to get hold off and snapped even quicker if you do a run i'll be very much interested thanks.

Pending price and design, I would buy anywhere from 1 to 10+
    Gloss black preferred.

Like I told Sk8er in his thread, I am asked once every few weeks where to get one. I'd consider buying some for re-sale for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGgot View Post
    Pending price and design, I would buy anywhere from 1 to 10+
    Gloss black preferred.

Like I told Sk8er in his thread, I am asked once every few weeks where to get one. I'd consider buying some for re-sale for that reason.
    Yeah between Magot and myself we might just buy out the whole small run depending on price and design.

Want!

Please Please Please could you Please do a run on these cause i want one possibly two

After some preliminary discussions with the machinist - We will need to do 40-50 pieces EACH to make this possible. I am going to need a commitment from buyers in order to get this done. Designs will be close to what Sk8rmog posted here: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...one-Interested

I will post pricing and final drawings when I have them and we can get a pre-order going. These would be a neat addition to a Mocromag and I would love to see this happen.

When you say 40-50 of each, are we talking about the vertical and foregrip extender?

I would be down for two of each pending price.

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    When you say 40-50 of each, are we talking about the vertical and foregrip extender?

I would be down for two of each pending price.
    Looking at doing 3 pcs, the Vert ASA, the Vert feed adapter and the foregrip extender.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Looking at doing 3 pcs, the Vert ASA, the Vert feed adapter and the foregrip extender.
    I would be in for 2 of each pending price

Sounds good. Will be at the edge of my seat waiting for prices
    Nice work making this happen.

P.S.
    There is no doubt in my mind that 50 of the foregrip extenders that sk8er designed would sell quickly/instantly, you'd be getting people that need VASAs AND people looking to upgrade. If it comes down to it, making this piece happen should take priority over the others IMO.

You might consider making your standard VASA a 15* or something a little different, once again catching some of the upgrade crowd as well.
    Last edited by MAGgot; 07-08-2014 at 02:28 PM.

Cool

Yeah Magot I'm excited for this build. I did an interest thread on MCB and there were some extra guys on there that really want them that might not know about this thread, but once everything is done and can be purchased then I'm sure you (Magot) and I will Spam the internet to help promote these.

As for the 15* option I'm a big fan of that too. The advantage of the forgrip extender is that you can use any normal AM vert ASA so you could get a 15* one or even a carbon fiber DW forgrip. I really like the look and feel of my reversed 15* ASA on mine:

It's really smooth and matches up to the vert ASA very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8ermog View Post
    The advantage of the forgrip extender is that you can use any normal AM vert ASA so you could get a 15* one or even a carbon fiber DW forgrip.
    Exactly my thoughts too, that's why I'm hoping the extender piece is #1 priority. I'd hate for that piece to not be made b/c we can't lock down 50 pre-orders on the vert-feed.

That gun looks incredibly comfy!

Any updates?

I spoke to BigEvil, I'm going to go ahead and make foregrip extenders. I designed one I like, it's similar to Sk8erMOG's but not exact. I'm programming the part now, plan on making fixtures and testing the programming and the parts fit and finish this weekend. This will be a small run, no pre-order, we'll see what happens. Price will be similar to my Automag FG Extenders.

Yeah, this could get me into a micro mag project.
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

Sweet

Awesome. Thanks for taking these adapters on as a project. I will be snagging a few of them for sure. We never did discuss my cut of your profits from these though

Awesome. Thanks for taking these adapters on as a project. I will be snagging a few of them for sure. We never did discuss my cut of your profits from these though

I'll charge you double so I can actually make a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I'll charge you double so I can actually make a profit.
    LOL What? You don't make any money off these amazing parts you create for us? Who knew? Can I at least get one of mine gold plated and framed?

Getting back on track...

Scott: Any thoughts on the vert feedneck? I talked with Forest from PTP and he is excited to see these made too, but just doesn't have the time to get them done. Looks like your lead is the best option.

LOL What? You don't make any money off these amazing parts you create for us?
    I know you're kidding but have you ever priced what it cost to start a machine shop? I promise you I'm still in the red, it's been how many years. (Said in truth meant in jest.)

I thought machine shops were free to start, you just needed the time to spend in it. lol just kidding.

I hope all this project works out awesome.

Machined the first prototype today. I'm not completely satisfied with the design, gotta make a few small changes and we'll be good to go. Plus I need to tweak the machine programming some, hope to have the final prototype done tomorrow. The plan is to machine 20, should be done and for sale by Wednesday.
    Last edited by luke; 07-27-2014 at 03:32 PM.

Micro Mag FG Extender prototype is done, small batch run will complete in a few days.

Last edited by luke; 07-27-2014 at 07:15 PM.

man those look familiar :P

I like it way to go guys

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    You're confused grasshopper :P
    Last edited by luke; 07-27-2014 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    I forgot to mention that KNM made me some 3D printed forgrips so I could see if the CAD file would work right. I still have a them and was tempted to use one but the material the 3D printer uses won't be strong enough in practical game, close, but just not going to work.

Luke: These adapters look good. Are you offering it in raw only or are you willing to powdercoat them? Still not doing gloss black right? Just dust black?

Oh and how do they look with stock a AM Vert ASA. I like your forgrip, but I plan to use a reversed 15* ASA on mine so I'd like to know that the wings will match up.