Thread: Threading Barrel Tips

Threading Barrel Tips

Wasn't sure where to ask this so I'll throw it in here.

I have an old stock 'cocker barrel that I'm wanting to use for something other than collecting dust. Had planned on having it freak bored but have also seen a barrel that had the tip threaded to take SpecOps barrel tips. I have searched with no luck but I was wondering if anyone knew of a service to have a barrel threaded to take freak or dye barrel tips? Being able to have the humps turned to smooth it out and shave some of the weight would be a plus as well.

Any help would be much appreciated.

On MCB, you have in no order:
    Tymcneer
    Tjd(followed by some numbers)
    SSC(Super Staunchy Customs)
    Painter50505(or something like that)

The last 2, painter5050 has his machine down due to parts and Ssc has gone mia on a lot of work. Tymcneer does great work, and i heard nothing bad about tjd's work either. They i am sure, can also do the threading for the tip as well. Just make sure you ask them before hand.

if it's a barrel you're not in love with and don't mind experimenting, I'd find out what the threads are on the tips, cut the barrel tip off so that you have a nice, smooth area with which to work, and take it to a local plumbing supply and see if they can put a die on it to thread it. They can probably even turn it down a little before threading it if necessary.

plumbing supply is where you're going to find the larger dies for doing pipe threading and they should be able to do the work really cheap and without any shipping or waiting.