Thread: Is this a Bob Long?

Is this a Bob Long?

...is what I was asked with my first real day of play using the pump mag, haha. Was joking with some buddies wondering how long it'd take to fool someone into thinking it's a MVP.

Pump mag is actualy a hodge podge of parts from the 3 different builds but it's the one that can be used as a pump and look awesome with the splash. Sure wish I could use the RT and minimag body the way they are and not anno them but seems so frowned upon.

Last edited by KurtPB; 07-07-2014 at 07:21 PM.

huh... it really does resemble an mvp. that's kinda cool

That really makes me want to build a pump-mag

nice mags…whoa wait who would frown upon you using your mags/mag parts tha way you wanted to? do wat ever ya want with your parts yo! or if your that worried about frowns from people behind a computer screen just get clear ano…to protect tha aluminum but still have that old Skool MiniMag or old SKool RT classic look.

Nice little collection

You could always do a clear anno on the bodies, would be almost the same.

Do you happen to know what brand the site rail on the Mini Mag is? I have been looking for one like that.

Quote Originally Posted by crudeidol View Post
    That really makes me want to build a pump-mag
    They're a lot of fun to use, man.

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    nice mags…whoa wait who would frown upon you using your mags/mag parts tha way you wanted to? do wat ever ya want with your parts yo! or if your that worried about frowns from people behind a computer screen just get clear ano…to protect tha aluminum but still have that old Skool MiniMag or old SKool RT classic look.
    Oh certainly, man. I just meant using unanodized parts. I have contacted Caustic about clear anno but he's done it on these bodies before and said it can get a real grainy finish on it. On facebook he actually has a body with one of luke's vert frames where he did a clear anno and you can see the grain. I may give it a shot and see if it turns out well, if not I can always have it re-anno'd in a nice simple black.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkanese View Post
    Nice little collection

You could always do a clear anno on the bodies, would be almost the same.

Do you happen to know what brand the site rail on the Mini Mag is? I have been looking for one like that.
    Sorry but I do not. bowcycle may have a better idea since I picked itup from him. To work on a ULE body I will need to dremel a slight indent for the macro fitting because it's just a tad too long and doesn't allow the valve to go all the way in for the field strip screw.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkanese View Post
    There were Taso sight rails that looked similar to this one, but this one isn't marked and I have no idea who made it.