Thread: Y Frame ULE $300

Is this a really good deal, I am new to the mag community and don't know much about the y-frame why are they good? I am local to this and sent an email to him, hopefully I can snap it up.

if thats an xvalve, and it looks like it is... then yea, its a really good deal. snap it up if you can

MOTY3
    Buy it...Buy it now before I do something I shouldn't do...great deal

Quote Originally Posted by fsjma2 View Post
    Is this a really good deal, I am new to the mag community and don't know much about the y-frame why are they good? I am local to this and sent an email to him, hopefully I can snap it up.
    the Y and Z frames are supposed to be easier on your wrist as its a more natural angle when you hold the marker, or so I have been told

if you got this and decide you don't like the Y frame it won't be hard to sell.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    the Y and Z frames are supposed to be easier on your wrist as its a more natural angle when you hold the marker, or so I have been told
    specifically, it's a more natural angle when you're holding something up close (elbow is less than 90-degree bend). this is easy to see. grab a barrel or ruler or something like that, and stick your arm out straight and hold the barrel as if gripping a pistol. you'll see the barrel is slanted forward at a 45-degree angle or so. without moving your wrist, slowly bring your hand to you, watching the angle of the barrel that you're holding. you'll see as you bring your hand in close, the angle goes from a 45 degree slanted away from you at the top, to 90 degree (barrel is vertical), to being slanted towards your face at the top.

this is why those bullhorns have forward-slanted grips. you're holding the grip / mouthpiece right at your face, so the reverse-angled grip is natural. this is the same with the y and z-grips. you're holding the marker closer to your face (arm at a tighter-than-90 degree angle) because the asa is moved forward compared to where it would be on a 45 frame. the forward slant is more natural and helps to keep your wrist straight. see what happens when you put a long drop-forward and a 45-degree frame. you'll be holding the marker closer to you, but your wrist will be terribly bent forward, and very uncomfortable!

you do need a foregrip with the y-grip though, as your hand tends to want to slide up the back. the foregrip and the tank (as a stock) help to keep everything in place. a ule body, x-valve and aluminum barrel to lighten the gun would help a lot too.

yada yada y-grip, yada yada z-grip

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Cheeze View Post
    yada yada y-grip, yada yada z-grip
    this person knows what's up...

The guy decided not to sell, he is going to use it in a few upcoming games, but he said he has a Karta Pneumag for sale, I asked for pics but I don't think I have the money right now to buy it.

it would be funny if he came on here, saw this thread, and realized he was going to let it go for too cheap

Is it just me or does it look like this is being sold by the same person?

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...t-ccm-reg.html

Quote Originally Posted by robertreed711 View Post
    Is it just me or does it look like this is being sold by the same person?

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...t-ccm-reg.html
    Could be but with something like 1600 posts on MCB you wouldn't expect him to list it on CL at that price would you? Oh well, hopefully fsjma2 will get it at a good price eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
    Could be but with something like 1600 posts on MCB you wouldn't expect him to list it on CL at that price would you? Oh well, hopefully fsjma2 will get it at a good price eventually.
    That was my point exactly, maybe it's a scam.