Thread: So... It looks like I am going to most likely be moving to Florida

So... It looks like I am going to most likely be moving to Florida

Long story, but essentially I am moving back to my home, Orlando Florida. Oddly, I didn't really start playing paintball until I moved to Ohio so I really only knew of one field and it appears to have closed/moved. I know there are some members here in Florida so post up if you are interested in possibly meeting up at some point, most likely late this year or early next depending on when my house sells.

good luck man,
    hope the house sells well, and things go great with the move.

I'm in the Tampa area.

I know there's a few AO guys in central Florida.

Hit me up when you get moved.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I'm in the Tampa area.

I know there's a few AO guys in central Florida.

Hit me up when you get moved.

I will. So out of curiosity does the playing season there pretty much go year round or do people play more in the winter when it's cooler? I can barely take it here when it hits the 90's. I can't imagine playing any hotter than that!!

I thought Florida had trade winds all year long

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    I will. So out of curiosity does the playing season there pretty much go year round or do people play more in the winter when it's cooler? I can barely take it here when it hits the 90's. I can't imagine playing any hotter than that!!
    Year round.

Some people slow down in the summer, or dont play at all.

I just take Himalayan sea salt in capsules when I play and stay hydrated.

And I tend to play fields with shade too lol.

Waynes World's free game is this weekend, it'll be hot.

Hopefully the rain will stay away.

I'm deployed for the last time then I move somewhere in Jan but we should go to that end of the year Wayne's World game!

Cyco-Dude Guest
    i think you'll find plenty of places to play there; a lot more than in ohio. good luck, drive safe (if you're driving...15 hour drive or so, i think). enjoy the humidity, lol!

Welcome back. I'll be 90 min.s south of you and 90 min.s east of Going Home, and still anther 90 west of Maniac Mech. So where does that put me? Right smack in the middle of no where. Except lightning country. And no local fields. If CFP in Lakeland is still going, they had some good games. And there's a field over toward Tampa just west of I-75 that I think is still running. Other then that it's a bunch of outlaw fields, So bring your own chronograph. Waynes world has the end of season game in Ocala,(like 1st weekend in Dec.) and some smaller games at times through the year so even if nothing else there is some hard core sweat'rs out there. Welcome to the looney bin!
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    i think you'll find plenty of places to play there; a lot more than in ohio. good luck, drive safe (if you're driving...15 hour drive or so, i think). enjoy the humidity, lol!
    There's a few decent fields around and I'm close enough to Michigan and Indiana here so I've never complained much about available fields in Ohio, but I don't mind driving 2 hours to get to one either.

and I lived in Florida for 33 years so I much prefer sweating to shoveling the cold white crap and being cooped up in the house for 6 months because it's 10* out with a wind chill of -2. and I HATE not seeing the sun for weeks at a time. I will be glad to be out of here to be quite honest.

WTH are you Run? Wouldn't that out you in the middle of Lake Okeechobee? Think I have some family on my dad's side that lives down in Polk county. It's very rural. I'm moving AWAY from that. Lol. I'm so sick of corn fields!

Cyco-Dude Guest
    shoot, i've been playing paintball since january this year...don't let the snow stop you!

I hate Ohio. Virtually nothing about it interests me. It's not so much about the snow, that's fun watching the kids play in. It's the lack of sun for weeks on end and the cold. I hate the cold. I grew up being able to be outside year round. There is too much time having to be inside here or freezing my butt off. Add in the flipping wind and ugh. I'm also used to someplace larger with more stuff to do. Maybe it's just where I am but I find Ohio to simply suck. Plus Orlando is where my family is and the woman I plan on marrying. So there's that.

Used to be Orange County Paintball in Bithlo , I think it is either Battleground of Battlefield now , been a field in the same location for years , Quite a few Scenario teams makin it their home now ; what I hear anyway , allways liked the place

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    I hate Ohio. Virtually nothing about it interests me. It's not so much about the snow, that's fun watching the kids play in. It's the lack of sun for weeks on end and the cold. I hate the cold. I grew up being able to be outside year round. There is too much time having to be inside here or freezing my butt off. Add in the flipping wind and ugh. I'm also used to someplace larger with more stuff to do. Maybe it's just where I am but I find Ohio to simply suck. Plus Orlando is where my family is and the woman I plan on marrying. So there's that.
    I hear ya man. I'm in Michigan and I am so sick and tired of the snow and cold. Hell this summer has really sucked to. I don't think we've had a single week were it's been just bright and sunny yet! The only time's its been nice out i've been at work too. lol

Played today at West Coast in Palmetto.

Went because some friends were going, I'd never been there.

The woods/rec field was dead out in the scorching humid Florida sun.

It was brutal.

If I play again anytime soon it will be at a shaded field like CFP or Kohns.

There's a field I've seen near New Smyrna that is just like that. Cant imagine playing during the summer there.

I lasted two long games and was wrung out from the heat.

Made me feel better that the guy that invited me is about 15 years my junior and he was toast too after two games.

Central Florida paintball in Lakeland has some nicely shaded woods fields, I'll go check them out if I go again before it cools down.

The heats not bad if you arent in the direct sun all the time.

As an employee of Waynes World, come on down, we always have something brewing on the side. Next 24 hr game is in Sept, but the Grand Finale is the game you don't want to miss, especially this year as we will be announcing a plan for next year to help ya'll save money for the 20th Anniv of Grand Finale next year.

I hope there are no fires this year
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP

How you gonna cook your wieners and burgers without fire ?

Quote Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
    As an employee of Waynes World, come on down, we always have something brewing on the side. Next 24 hr game is in Sept, but the Grand Finale is the game you don't want to miss, especially this year as we will be announcing a plan for next year to help ya'll save money for the 20th Anniv of Grand Finale next year.
    This.

Wayne's World is AN AWESOME field to play. Really trying to get it together so we can play/attend Grand Finale this year

Well, to further update I have a contract on my house and will most likely be in Florida by early October. Might make the Grand Finale after all.