Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Armada Body and Rail

Quote Originally Posted by kwik175 View Post
    And of course the X valve works as it should. As do all the ones I have sent him for anno. And as far as cost goes, well....

Lets just say that he had my Nemesis Cocker there at the same time, and has also done several other guns for me, and it was worth every penny I paid for it to get done. Stephen knows that I will spare no expense when it come to the anno. Enough said. Heres a peak of the Nemesis build he did the anno for:

Wow!

So I received my body and rail...this was my thought for it:

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks View Post

Nice. Never particularly care for the direct mount cp asa, looks wise anyway. Regardless, nice start for what should end up looking good.

looks good but the frame is screaming to have the back tail cut to match the bottom of the rail

Yeah it would look nice if the frame tail followed the lines up with the rail.

Quote Originally Posted by kwik175 View Post
    Well let me start off by saying that is my marker and Stephen from Caustic came thru once again. It was loosely based on a Tequila Sunrise theme but also had to match its smaller AM sized brother gun that I built a few months ago. Heres some pics of them together.

I will drink a Tequila Sunrise in your honor, the next time I get a chance. I think we all should toast to these MAGS. What foregrip is that on the purple one again?

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks View Post

That frame is nice, but I don't think it fits the context well. It's a little too long in the front and as others have said, the snatch doesn't work all that well with the rail.

I would look for the slimmest setup you have that has the frame butting up to the foregrip.

Nice work guys! It is always nice to see new automag designs. I can't wait to see someone anodized a body and rail. I think a polished body with a solid color would work great with this design.

OMG!!!Beautiful. I have to change my underwear now.
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

I really like the looks of it.

I like the flow even though it has a blocky feel. I have a question and comment about the top of the body. I'm not sure if it has purpose that I don't know with the half round concave shape, but I wonder why the armada pattern wasn't continued from both sides and verge in the middle of the top portion of the body? Making a "V" from the merging line paths? It would kind of be a ripper blocky hybrid.

I would love to a couple if that was possible so I could complete my armada rail.

One reason is because I don't have a 4 axis machining center.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    One reason is because I don't have a 4 axis machining center.
    Oh.....my ignorance with the tooling/machining needed to carry out an idea is shinning through.

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    Oh.....my ignorance with the tooling/machining needed to carry out an idea is shinning through.
    I can picture what you are thinking and yeah that would have been a really cool, would add to an already awesome look and would add to the price too.

Luke, can we get pictures with the straight lpr foregrip versus the curve?
    Thanks

HOLY MOTHER THE COLOR ON THOSE IS SO INCREDIBLE
    !!!!

might i add a twist to the rail/ body design is a sunrise mill job like the rising sun of china/ or is it japan? where it sun burst out both ways instead of the one direction. it is a real nice body and it about time luke pound out a body!!!

It's the WW2 Japaneses battle flag your thinking of(Rising Sun). And to do it right it would have to be white and red. Might look kinda cool,and I believe the whole pattern would have to include the body rail & frame to make it really work, I don't see a great mass appeal, it would make a nice one of... but give Luke a break and time to get a really weird machine. He's already well on his way to Rougeness as far as offering really nice Whole mag sets. It's gotta be hard to design a body and rail that will blend well with all the custom stuff available. A z frame under that might be killer cool but we won't know till someone try's it. I spend 3/4 of my time mixing and matching to get a nice flowing look, it's a pain in the ....

Woo hoo post# 600! I feel all warm and fuzzy

looks awesome Luke. keep up the good work

also kwik.....whoa. Those ripster twins look amazing.

Anybody looked at caustic customs Facebook page lately?

I hope the owner has a purple x-valve......

Holy cow that was fast! I just sent him those parts a few days ago! Looks good, Maverick13! I get to see it before you.
    https://www.facebook.com/CausticCustoms

No no no, I saw it this morning (for me)! But you'll have to work on it before me !
    It was a gift for my wake up !

And.... Yes, the purple valve is on its way to me !

A future MOTM winner ????

Quote Originally Posted by maverick13 View Post
    No no no, I saw it this morning (for me)! But you'll have to work on it before me !
    It was a gift for my wake up !

And.... Yes, the purple valve is on its way to me !

A future MOTM winner ????
    MOTM, its all about randomness on how people feel. I have put up some very impressive mags, and yet to win. :P
    if you put it up hope it wins

I was kidding ! I don't even know if I'll put it.

You're right it all depends on who's voting, tastes and colours vary a lot with peoples.

I put one of my mag (my toxic or my rpg I don't rememeber) in the MOTM a moment ago, I think it didn't recieved more than 2 or 3 votes...

Quote Originally Posted by maverick13 View Post
    I was kidding ! I don't even know if I'll put it.

You're right it all depends on who's voting, tastes and colours vary a lot with peoples.

I put one of my mag (my toxic or my rpg I don't rememeber) in the MOTM a moment ago, I think it didn't recieved more than 2 or 3 votes...
    cant wait for luke to start doing slugs or his own bodies, to have in stock.

I believe I've come up with a viable way of making bodies on my mill. I don't have a lathe so the internal milling is going to be tricky. I've checked tooling and have changes in mind for the internals that I think is viable for VMC production. Plus I have a new concept for bodies and rails that has never been done before, in all it's going to be an interesting project and a big leap for Luke's Customs.
    Last edited by luke; 07-28-2014 at 09:26 AM.

I believe I've come up with a viable way of making bodies on my mill. I don't have a lathe so the internal milling is going to be tricky. I've checked tooling and have made 'mental changes' to the internals that I think is viable for VMC production. Plus I have a new concept for bodies and rails that has never been done before, in all it's going to be an interesting project and a big leap for Luke's Customs.
    getting way ahead of myself here, but you should then offer battery pack milling and LPR forgrip milling to follow the designs of your boddies

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    getting way ahead of myself here, but you should then offer battery pack milling and LPR foregrip milling to follow the designs of your bodies
    Sounds viable, but I doubt I will be doing more LPR's. Even with the LPRs I sold the project was a gigantic flop with ALL things considered. If I told you how much money and time I invested in that you would call me a liar. A lot of stuff happened behind the scenes that cost me.

Developing mods for the LPR would be a waste of time with the number we are talking about. I did do a few test lprs that no one has seen yet but I'm not sure I will put anymore time into it that I already have. We'll see.

Sounds viable, but I doubt I will be doing more LPR's. Even with the LPRs I sold the project was a gigantic flop with ALL things considered. If I told you how much money and time I invested in that you would call me a liar. A lot of stuff happened behind the scenes that cost me.

Developing mods for the LPR would be a waste of time with the number we are talking about. I did do a few test lprs that no one has seen yet but I'm not sure I will put anymore time into it that I already have. We'll see.
    understandable.
    had a buddy that did a trial run of something almost identical to your lpr forgrips,
    I saw it all the way through with him, just to learn.
    I couldn't believe the work that went into them. and the time, sheesh the time.

If I were get my hands on a limited supply of slug bodies would anyone be interested in one of these body/rail combo?

I would be interested in two of am/mm length bodies to go with the two armada rails I already purchased from you. I would love them pumped milled if possible.