Thread: Maverick13's Phenix project

Maverick13's Phenix project

One of my current projects is going to see the light !

My Phoenix. I just recieved the body, rail and battery pack from XMT after anodizing by Caustic Customs.

Here is the first pic after assembly.
    Still missing one screw to plug a hole of the manifold (still have to order it!), the alu airlines to be cut (no more dremel discs....grrrrrrr) and anodized with the bottom of the battery pack. But this pic gives a good idea of what it will look like !

07/10 Update

Alu airlines are cut and ready to ano

Due to the Logic UMF's lenght, the battery pack was aligned with the rail, and I wasn't happy with that.

So I decided to correct this, I took the intelliframe I had sitting around for another project and replaced the Logic UMF by the intelliframe.

Here is the result :

Tell me what you think about the overall marker.

In your opinion may I keep the trigger orange or reano it in black ?

I like the intelliframe with the orange trigger. Overall, that is a great looking marker. Excellent attention to detail.

I think the orange trigger is a nice piece of flair and also really like the raw AL lines. What were you planning to do to them? If it were me, I'd stick with a clear anno if it's necessary to do anything. Or maybe do the lines and panel screws orange to match the trigger.

I like the look with the intelliframe. also like the orange trigger, its just enough to set off the rest and vice versa.

Looks awesome my friend. I just can't imagine how much money you've been spending on shipping overseas. lol You might need to start your own shipping service or hire someone to take it with them on a plane when they fly to France.

I have a similar build I'm doing and it's sad to see that the Logic UMF frame didn't fit with the battery pack. I was thinking this might be an issue but I too have a back up. Looking real good man.

Thanks for the comments guys.

@bowcycle : the airlines will be anodized gloss black. My anodizer is not at the same level as Caustic can be, so I don't take risks with clear ! FYI the orange trigger was planned for another project with other parts (you'll see in a few weeks !) and I asked the anodizer to anodize them gloss red ......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Sk8ermog : not so much overseas shipping on these ! The intelli was here in my box, I had the battery pack sent to XMT by the seller, XMT sent the battery pack and the Phoenix to Caustic, Caustic sent back to XMT for a last check and finally XMT sent the whole package (with other parts !) to me one or to weeks ago !!!!!!!!!
    As you see, not so much overseas shipping but a lot of patience and help from XMT .... Once again, many thanks Jay.

I'm sure XMT or Luke sometimes regret having me as a customer !!!!!!!!

For the Logic UMF with the battery pack, the other solution would have been to file the manifold and the battery pack, but there are 3 mm to file on top and you must keep the same angle as the trigger gard.... And that's much more than my fingers can do !!!!!!!!! I'm sure it would have been a real carnage !!!!!

Someone said : There are no problems, there only are solutions ......
    Last edited by maverick13; 07-20-2014 at 11:01 AM.

Looking good! I think the intelliframe matches the battery pack really well. If you look at an e-mag, you will note that the e-mag trigger and gripframe are almost identical to an Intelliframe with a double trigger in it. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Today's update.

I recieved the screws to plug the hole in the manifold.

So I aired the marker up and ........... NO LEAK, it works perfect.

And to be honnest, as I never did air line like this (manifold, macroline in the battery pack, ccm fitting screwed through the battery pack bottom and alu air lines) I had very big doubts on the fact it could work with no leak at the first attempt.... and it did !

@kyle, thanks for your support on the alu air lines.

Next step : anodizing the battery pack bottom and the air lines ! Scheduled for august with some other parts I'm waiting to recieve.
    Last edited by maverick13; 07-25-2014 at 06:29 PM.