Thread: classic rt valve problem

classic rt valve problem

I have a brand new valve I got from Tuna, I can't get it to stop leaking down the barrel, I've used every spacer in the kit and nothing, with the 215 I managed to wiggle the trigger and it quit and I was able to put 30 to 40 balls thru it and thought I had it finished and put it up. tonight I put the warp feed on it and its leaking down the barrel again. i'm lost.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    does it stop leaking when you hold the trigger? if so, your power tube o-ring is bad. put a new one in. believe it or not, but there are new o-rings that are defective. change it. also, make sure the sear trigger rod is not up against the trigger.
    Last edited by Cyco-Dude; 07-18-2014 at 10:54 PM.

no, other than the 1 time it does not stop when you hold the trigger and there is a gap on the sear rod, its not where it should be yet but there is one.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    no, other than the 1 time it does not stop when you hold the trigger..
    if it still leaks when you hold the trigger, you have other issues. it could be the o-ring above the on/off top. the o-rings should all be good if this is a brand new valve, unless it's been sitting for years and they've dry-rotted. if it were me, i'd tear down the valve to make sure all o-rings and small pieces inside are present and accounted for, and in good condition.

pulled the spacer out of the power tube, changed the o ring(which did not appear to have problems)put the 220 spacer in it and its fixed.

no, other than the 1 time it does not stop when you hold the trigger and there is a gap on the sear rod, its not where it should be yet but there is one.
    IF it doesn't stop leaking when you hold the trigger, then you should also investigate the on-off top orings. A leak when you hold the trigger is one of the tell tale signs of a bad on-off oring in any mag with a level 7 bolt.

The powertube oring is the one that causes the leak out the front when the gun is at rest though, as long as the bolt is properly reset.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

here's the weird thing, one of my other rt classics did the same thing the next day. all I did was take out the spacer and o ring and put them right back in and it quit.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    here's the weird thing, one of my other rt classics did the same thing the next day. all I did was take out the spacer and o ring and put them right back in and it quit.
    haha! i'm pretty sure i "fixed" an automag that way as well. just kept swapping parts with a working 'mag until i was back at square one, except no more problem. go figure.

Sometimes you just have to dislodge a piece of dirt that was causing your issues.