Thread: my first emag

Cool my first emag

Well putting lowers on my build and wondering what to expect? Anything I should know? What to do and not to do..... I'm excited!

Only real gotcha I ran into with emag lowers is make sure the sear moves freely with gravity before you tighten them down, they're really picky in terms of how straight they have to mount up to run smooth.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    always unscrew the sear pin screw before taking the rail off the grip frame. make sure the mode selector switch is installed in the correct orientation. if you have calipers, you might want to check that the sear trigger rod and solenoid plunger are at the correct specs. from the specs sticky:

Trigger Rod: 2.125"

Solenoid Plunger Rod: 3.005"

make sure your on/off pin length is correct: .712 length pin with double o-ring / quad o-ring in the on/off top. .725 with a single o-ring valve (rt classic, older rt pro).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    always unscrew the sear pin screw before taking the rail off the grip frame. make sure the mode selector switch is installed in the correct orientation. if you have calipers, you might want to check that the sear trigger rod and solenoid plunger are at the correct specs. from the specs sticky:

Trigger Rod: 2.125"

Solenoid Plunger Rod: 3.005"

make sure your on/off pin length is correct: .712 length pin with double o-ring / quad o-ring in the on/off top. .725 with a single o-ring valve (rt classic, older rt pro).
    i have a xvalve i cant just drop it in?

Quote Originally Posted by Ailia View Post
    Only real gotcha I ran into with emag lowers is make sure the sear moves freely with gravity before you tighten them down, they're really picky in terms of how straight they have to mount up to run smooth.
    not true,
    clean your gear

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    i have a xvalve i cant just drop it in?
    I would get the emag on off.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    you can try it, but it may need a different pin.

Lol hate cleaning lol, so just a pin needed?

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    Lol hate cleaning lol, so just a pin needed?
    yeah, i think so. .725, or .712 if you use a quad o-ring. the on/off itself is the same, it's just the pin that differs.
    Last edited by Cyco-Dude; 07-23-2014 at 08:06 AM.

Emag pin + quad oring or it might not work right.

Use the 0.712" pin and the quad oring for best operation.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.