Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So what makes a MOTM winner?

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Billz804 View Post
    I like that the votes are transparent, because it's always funny to see who votes for their own mag. For shame!
    there is nothing wrong with that.

Haha, naw, nothing wrong with it. And if your mag really IS the best, then by all means, pat yourself on the back.

But if everybody votes for their own mag, that means ~7 or 8 votes just cancel each other out, which means less variety in the results.

Just my opinion, no offense.

I've noticed electronic/pnuemags generally win with the third variable being a 450 dollar anno job.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I've noticed electronic/pnuemags generally win with the third variable being a 450 dollar anno job.
    I vote for the coolest one. If u have a 400 anno it's most likely bad Ass lol

anno is the absolute last thing that I look at.

I first look for flow between the body, rail, frame, and foregrip. If those parts just don't look smooth together, you're not getting my vote. Then I tend to look at uniqueness of the parts used. I want to see that effort was put into the build, not just money.

Anno also gets the last vote for me, because I will probably never do another custom anno marker. I have in the past, and it means that I can never split that marker apart or change any parts on it. I hate being boxed in like that. So a super custom anno to me just feels like a prison.

and I too cannot see the votes anymore after voting.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post

... certain things drive me nuts and will cause me to not vote for something. Mismatched or rusty grip screws. Poor choice in air fittings. To me nothing is more distracting than seeing a beautifully anodized marker with ugly chewed up macro fittings. Raw milled parts. Strip it down completely and polish it or get it anodized. Just my opinion. And naked girl stickers, drops, or barrel covers. Instantly gets a thumbs down for me. If I wanted anime pron I would be trolling those sites.
    All these and cut trigger frames. I hate cut trigger frames. It's ugly and more ugly.

SZ
    Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    This is AO, find/make/mod an alternative .

Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    and I too cannot see the votes anymore after voting.
    Click on the number of votes and you will see it.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLATTER-ZONED View Post
    All these and cut trigger frames. I hate cut trigger frames. It's ugly and more ugly.

SZ
    that is the reason most of my markers are running Benchmark frames as I hate cut off trigger guards with a double trigger hanging out.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    ...I hate cut off trigger guards with a double trigger hanging out.
    +1

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLATTER-ZONED View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    that is the reason most of my markers are running Benchmark frames as I hate cut off trigger guards with a double trigger hanging out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
    +1
    even this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    even this one?

[qimg]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-kCnq3-IpWVs/U91TorwfPoI/AAAAAAAAApA/mKv9yyGzWuA/s800/IMG_1883.JPG[/qimg]
    That is the worst of them all. Look at that ano! It deserved a full trigger guard!
    Last edited by mpsd; 08-02-2014 at 04:32 PM.

I could not disagree more. I love the feel of those skinny and light triggers on guns with cut frames, and the unrestricted movement without a trigger guard. Not only that, it screams old school cool b/c that's what we did back in the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Billz804 View Post
    Haha, naw, nothing wrong with it. And if your mag really IS the best, then by all means, pat yourself on the back.

But if everybody votes for their own mag, that means ~7 or 8 votes just cancel each other out, which means less variety in the results.

Just my opinion, no offense.
    Democracy!
    CNC Programmer/Machinist
    Polarstar Engineering and Machine