Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What tank/reg do you use for Xvalve mag

What tank/reg do you use for Xvalve mag

What tanks/regs work well with an xvalve mag and/or pnuemag without dropoff?

Thanks

Cyco-Dude Guest
    depends on what you're trying to do / how fast you're shooting. really, ninja is the only game in town for high pressure output. otherwise, most other regs are fine. punkworks did some dropoff reg testing a while back and found the myth regs lagged behind a bit. whether that's still the case with their newer myth regs i do not know.

the tank itself is irrelevant.

Would the ninja pro reg (800psi output) be sufficient to keep up with a pneumag? I also understand the Crossfire SS regs have an output pressure of 850. I dont want to get the ninja SHP reg. I want to be able to use this tank for my mag and elctro. marker.

Quote Originally Posted by slackerwil View Post
    Would the ninja pro reg (800psi output) be sufficient to keep up with a pneumag? I also understand the Crossfire SS regs have an output pressure of 850. I dont want to get the ninja SHP reg. I want to be able to use this tank for my mag and elctro. marker.
    Ninja pro should work just fine. I have one that i use also in my electro.

the pro reg will work but if you wnat a faster rate of fire the SHP at 950 or at 1100 will get you there, more pressure will equal faster bps.

Air America Armageddon

With SHP ninja reg I believe that you can adjust the output from 800 to 1100. Best of both worlds. That is why mag users love ninja regs...
    I buy and sell mag parts..
    AO Feedback +20/-0

Quote Originally Posted by thecroatiansensation View Post
    With SHP ninja reg I believe that you can adjust the output from 800 to 1100. Best of both worlds. That is why mag users love ninja regs...
    Actually from 950 to 1100.

to be clear it is 950 or 1100 - it is a preset reg so it is 1 or the other pressure but nothing between.

4500 AGD Flatline till you pry it from my cold dead hands... (or I run out of reg seats)

Screw in HPA. Hah!
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

Sorry about that, no disrespect Ninja. My bad.

Although I have one of the 1200 psi output regs that you guys put out about 4 years ago and that thing rocks the x-valve the best.

Quote Originally Posted by thecroatiansensation View Post
    Sorry about that, no disrespect Ninja. My bad.

Although I have one of the 1200 psi output regs that you guys put out about 4 years ago and that thing rocks the x-valve the best.
    non taken and just wanted to make sure he knows what it is.

glad the 1200 works well for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    4500 AGD Flatline till you pry it from my cold dead hands... (or I run out of reg seats)

Screw in HPA.Hah!

i use a ninja shp pro v2 reg with a ninja 68/4500 SL tank

Ninja SHP gives 2 of my mags the RT effect, perfectly, with whatever the pre-set psi is, 1100 I think.

I also seem to remember that Tuna told me to run 800 PSI through the pneumag, so I use the normal Ninja reg for that mag. For the pneumag, I always worry that the higher pressure will burst the micro lines and waste too much air. It shoots missiles at 800.

To prevent the dropoff, chrono by pulling the bottom of the trigger slowly.

I use Air America Apocalypses SS and 2k's. I can adjust the input to whatever I want. 775-850 for normal days, 900-1150 for hair on fire day's. It's all about re charge rate, your valve will reg it to operating pressure and vel. Mine will still rt at lower pressure just not as radical.
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

Quote Originally Posted by djinnform View Post
    Ninja SHP gives 2 of my mags the RT effect, perfectly, with whatever the pre-set psi is, 1100 I think.

I also seem to remember that Tuna told me to run 800 PSI through the pneumag, so I use the normal Ninja reg for that mag. For the pneumag, I always worry that the higher pressure will burst the micro lines and waste too much air. It shoots missiles at 800.

To prevent the dropoff, chrono by pulling the bottom of the trigger slowly.
    Your LPR should output a consistent low pressure for the pneu-trigger bits, unless you get some crazy spikes from the high pressure reg...

big e tuned up my pneumag, and my xmag, nicely with my SHP tank (shp ninja reg on an old 68/45 crossfire tank). they both shoot beautifully now, with the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by slackerwil View Post
    My first ninja reg was one of those $35 3k bottles. At 800 psi it kept up with my pneumag. It is an EP mag now and I still use an old crossfire with it 800-850.

Those bottles work fine on an x-valve, just not much kick in the trigger. I keep three bottles in hydro for different uses.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djinnform View Post
    I also seem to remember that Tuna told me to run 800 PSI through the pneumag, so I use the normal Ninja reg for that mag. For the pneumag, I always worry that the higher pressure will burst the micro lines and waste too much air.
    it shouldn't; it goes through the low pressure regulator first before any air gets into your microlines. now, it could be that the lpr you have can't handle 1,000+ psi input.

4500 flatline on my RT ULE
    Ninja SHP on all others excepted the pneu or EP !
    I also have a Guerilla G2 HP I use on my pneu or EP and that works perfectly on others !

Air America Armageddon on my RT Pro.

Flatline 4500 on my E-Mags.

Could use either reg on either gun...but that's just the way I have it set up with my Warp Feeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
    Air America Armageddon on my RT Pro.

Flatline 4500 on my E-Mags.

Could use either reg on either gun...but that's just the way I have it set up with my Warp Feeds.

What's the most u can jack up the output on those? I have a sweet ninja super light but has shp on another tank. Want to have 1100 on the SL but run other markers that aren't mags.... Something I can easy adjust on the fly???

Quote Originally Posted by RT Lover View Post
    What's the most u can jack up the output on those? I have a sweet ninja super light but has shp on another tank. Want to have 1100 on the SL but run other markers that aren't mags.... Something I can easy adjust on the fly???

It's kind of funny/sad, the easy adjustment regs don't move easily from one marker to another, unless they are basically the same setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    It's kind of funny/sad, the easy adjustment regs don't move easily from one marker to another, unless they are basically the same setup.
    Use a dove tail or they make mounts u pull the pin u slide the tank off...

Performance with each tank reg/valve combo will be different for everyone's mag. I like running my classic RT's on a Ninja SHP tank set to 950psi. Neither will actually RT at that input pressure, but the trigger is so bouncy that it makes it easy to hit a decent bps even on a single trigger Benchmark frame. My field has a pretty strict ROF cap of 10 or 11bps, so it's not hard to stay competitive with electros, and not attract unwanted attention.

I used to run a Gen 2 SP MaxFlo adjustable reg on my RT valved Minimag, and that was a quality reg with a fantastic re-charge rate that would make any mag RT easily. It was just so large and fugly I got tired of it and went back to screw in tanks.

SmartParts 4500 MaxFLO... My Ninja reg keeps blowing the high-side burst disk. I bought it new and it has been nothing but problems since day 1.. It has gone through no less than 5 high side burst disks (the 7.5k ones) and it never matters the tank pressure. It is the ONLY reg that has ever given me this issue. Dont get me wrong, I have used other Ninja regs on other tanks and had 0 issue. In fact I have a Ninja on my GF's peanut tank because I like their regs. Maybe I got a bum one, I do not know.
    That same tank is attached to my MaxFLO now and for the past two years it has caused me no issue. :shrug:
    Last edited by DarkApollo; 09-04-2014 at 05:46 PM.
    March 2014 Classic MotM winner - RT Classic

for the high side burst disk to pop so rare! for you to go thru so many is very, very odd.

can i call you or discuss this with you? it may be a different issue that can be solved.

Ninja, I sent you a PM with my sob-story.

I thought it was odd too and I suspected the disks were bad, but a disk out of the same box has been on a different reg and has not failed. One is also installed on my MaxFLO and has held for 2 years now.

I'm running an original Ninja 68/45 with enough shims to get to 850-900 and no drop off. Just got my tanks re-hydro'd (thanks again, Ninja) so I'm back in the game!
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP