Thread: urgent problem with on/off valve

urgent problem with on/off valve

hi

first poster here, I need your help guys. I was cleaning my automag but when it was time to put back the on/off valve back in the top fell without me seeing it. Now it means i inserted the valve in and it sank all the way in.

now I cant take it out at all. is there any way to push it out by gassing it up or something?

thanks in advance

don't attempt gassing it up for any sort of disassembly!

Take the marker all the way apart. When you get the body off the rail, that should also allow you to remove the valve. Once you have the valve back out, if you have more problems, let us know.

thanks for the fast reply. here is a picture explaining the issueName:  2014-08-18 16.32.15 (1).jpg
Views: 35
Size:  51.2 KB

Cyco-Dude Guest
    simple fix, just gas it up (with the valve installed). you only need it pressurized for a second; basically as soon as the tank pin depresses you can unscrew it again. it will leak down the barrel, but it should push the on/off bottom out far enough that you can grab it. you'll have to re-seat the top o-rings as they'll also be blow down / apart.

thanks you all for the help. i was worried there for a second.

Don't feel bad, wait until you air up a valve and find you forgot to put the sear in. That makes for an interesting dis-assembly problem. ya gotta pull your grips off to find the on/off pin. And it causes a major leak. Funny how you can blow off 2000 psi in seconds.
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

or you left the bolt off. That'll cause a leak too.

If you haven't already gotten the on-off assembly out, you can do so by hitting the valve against a block of wood with the on-off facing down. The assembly should slide out quite easily with a good smack.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

This just goes to show that Tom expected a small amount of intelligence out of Mag shooters. He never mentioned any of this in the video's. I guess we proved him wrong because even seasoned Magisters still do dumb. I'm liveing proof.