Thread: automag/autococker barrel adapter.. WHERE TO BUY!?

Exclamation automag/autococker barrel adapter.. WHERE TO BUY!?

Where can I find a quality automag to autococker barrel thread adapter? I checked docs shop and he is all sold out... Is there any where else I can find such a thing?
    Glad to be back

Cyco-Dude Guest
    nope, you'll have to wait for him to make another batch. is getting a ule body a possibility? boycycle has a cheap one for sale now.

I have a classic RT, so that is NOT a possibility right?

Cyco-Dude Guest
    no, not unless you find one of those custom rt classic ule bodies xmagterror (i think) made.

I have one I could sell you. It looks brand new, but needs detents. Pretty sure they are Ego/Etek but not 100% sure. $45 shipped? PM me.

Thanks for the speedy responses guys, correia3 Thanks I'll have to pass though.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by correia3 View Post
    I have one I could sell you. It looks brand new, but needs detents. Pretty sure they are Ego/Etek but not 100% sure. $45 shipped? PM me.
    docs adapters? i believe they use spyder detents.

Quote Originally Posted by paintball4lyfe32 View Post
    Thanks for the speedy responses guys, correia3 Thanks I'll have to pass though.
    lol i think he means he has an adapter to sell to you. those custom bodies are like $200!

Yes. I mean an adapter. Spyder detents? OK. Good to know. Thanks

$35-$45 TYD is the going rate. The cheapest i've ever seen one was $30 + shipping. I've used Doc's adapters for a long time. Just letting you know, the price is what it is.

Does Doc not renew his inventory often? If I'm going to spend ticket price on it I would prefer it to have the detents and be perfect working order.

Quote Originally Posted by paintball4lyfe32 View Post
    Does Doc not renew his inventory often? If I'm going to spend ticket price on it I would prefer it to have the detents and be perfect working order.
    The one I offered you is in perfect working order and has a detent. I also offered to cover shipping.

plus, the adapters never go bad and the spyder nubbins are like $.25 at my local paintball shop.

Doc's stuff is really well made and he only does limited runs of these. It keeps the price up.

Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    plus, the adapters never go bad and the spyder nubbins are like $.25 at my local paintball shop.

Doc's stuff is really well made and he only does limited runs of these. It keeps the price up.
    Truth. Doc seems to make sporadic runs during the year. Keeps the pricing up due to steady demand.

With shipping mine was still cheaper :-p

Does Doc ever answer e-mail? I've sent him 3 e-mails now, all un-answered, from 3 different locations. I would like to freak bore a Dye Titanium back. I saw where he posted, that he has done this before with great success. I just bought a Doc's adaptor as well. I have yet to try it.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djinnform View Post
    Does Doc ever answer e-mail? I've sent him 3 e-mails now, all un-answered, from 3 different locations. I would like to freak bore a Dye Titanium back. I saw where he posted, that he has done this before with great success. I just bought a Doc's adaptor as well. I have yet to try it.
    he's super busy from what i understand. i would not count on him answering e-mails right away.

there are guys on MCB that freak bore, Ty McNear(not sure of spelling) has been recommended to me I just have not had anything done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    there are guys on MCB that freak bore, Ty McNear(not sure of spelling) has been recommended to me I just have not had anything done yet.
    He does very good work. Can take some time due to his work schedule, but does good work.

For what it's worth, I ordered one from Doc's store on eBay little less than 2 weeks ago? Same link as above. Emailed Doc a question, and sent him an eBay message after purchase. No response to either, but the adapter showed up a few days after I hit "buy". I hear horror stories of ordering from him anywhere non-eBay, and only glowing reviews of dealing with him through eBay.

Edit: Heard good thing about TyMcNeer, but I thought he wasn't modding barrels anymore. Went with TJD Customs on MCB, couldn't be happier. I think he'll do ti as well, but don't quote me on that.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/t...g-service.html
    Last edited by UncleStasiu; 09-06-2014 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Forgot to finish my thought

Quote Originally Posted by UncleStasiu View Post
    For what it's worth, I ordered one from Doc's store on eBay little less than 2 weeks ago? Same link as above. Emailed Doc a question, and sent him an eBay message after purchase. No response to either, but the adapter showed up a few days after I hit "buy". I hear horror stories of ordering from him anywhere non-eBay, and only glowing reviews of dealing with him through eBay.

Edit: Heard good thing about TyMcNeer, but I thought he wasn't modding barrels anymore. Went with TJD Customs on MCB, couldn't be happier. I think he'll do ti as well, but don't quote me on that.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/t...g-service.html

I did contact TJD. He said that he no longer does Titanium. But, thank you.