Thread: jackal rdl

jackal rdl

The nicest mech half block ever built. Period.

Everything is new.
    AKA internals under the hood.
    Anodized by Caustic Customs.

One of the LIGHTEST autocockers on the planet.

This marker was built from the ground up with the best parts you can buy ($1,200+ into this particular marker.)
    This marker is fully functional and was tuned and sweat spotted by Dave (O_NOtHING on Custom Cockers)

Looking to trade for other nice autocockers or "rare" guns, and cash.
    Price: $1,000.

This pic to better show the shape of the frame. (Everything has since been anodized by Caustic)

Videos and more photos on request. :tup:
    Last edited by sbullet; 09-23-2014 at 09:28 PM.

No autococker love in the automag forum. No worries

Cyco-Dude Guest
    i can't tell from the camera angle, but does that have a forward-swept grip, or is it a 90? the gun looks pretty swanky...i dunno if the carbon barrel is a good fit, but they sure are lightweight!

90 degree. The ANS Gen-X 5 frame (pic follows) is a knockoff of the Jackal. I've been looking for either one, real or knockoff, for a Mag project I'm working on.
    Name:  gx5.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  17.8 KB

As for this RDL, it really is the nicest cocker ever built. I desperately wish I had an extra $1k lying around. This one and Ravi's Westwood are my 2 favorite cockers. Awesome job, sbullet. If you don't mind my asking, what front block and VASA are you using? I saw way back when on the nation that you'd started with Dye/Superbolt thread in one, but never found a build thread.
    Last edited by UncleStasiu; 09-23-2014 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Commas are the bane of my existence.

Thanks for the props, I appreciate it. The front block is a CCM, the Vasa is unknown, but an incredibly unique piece. If you don't already know, vasa's are hard to come by. There are Dye ones, and Superbolt ones, but aside from that, anything unique is a rarity.

Way back on pbn, I originally was going to built a tricked out half block superbolt, but found this body, and knew it had to be done... It started out as this, and what you see is the final result.

I got addicted to creating the nicest mechanical half block possible.

The deadlywind doesn't LOOK the greatest, but that wasn't my goal. I wanted to build the LIGHTEST autococker ever made, so it was a necessity.

RDL frame for a mag project? That would be sick.
    Last edited by sbullet; 09-23-2014 at 09:32 PM.

Oh lord, I have a half block Superbolt I'm working on. If this is the path it leads down, I need more money. The deadlywind looks pretty good. Nice contrast with the grips, a little old tech and high tech. And thanks, I hope it turns out well. It'll be going on a one-piece XMT body, but with a bit of a twist. (Can't say yet as I don't want to jinx it. Not positive it'll quite work until I can get some parts measured and on the mill.)

Good luck on that, I guess if you know how to use a mill which I do NOT, anything is possible lol.

However, if you want an RDL frame, you might run into some issues:
    1. I doubt you would pay less than $250 for one
    2. They are impossible to come by
    3. People might come after you if you modify it in any way lol

Would sure be sick tho!!! You shouldn't have trouble finding a gx5 frame tho.

That's what I've found on #1. Thought long and hard about #3, but figured there's more RDL frames than bodies out there, so as long the work is minimal, cleanly done, and invisible if mounted on a 'cocker, I should be ok. Well, that and if I'm paying $200+ for a damn mech paintball frame, I can do as I please and let the haters hang. It's not like I'm scalloping the thing with a Dremel.

Now on #2 and your last point... I've seen more RDL completes for sale than GX-5/X-5 frames OR completes since I started looking. It's bizarre.

I've seen a few gx5s on custom cockers .com pop up every now and then for around 150 200. Would be sick either jackal or ans-- I'm for it either way ha

Check this piece out