Thread: ASA for Luke's mini-vert frame

ASA for Luke's mini-vert frame

I just traded a z-grip for one of Luke's mini-vert frames. Problem is, all of my on/off ASA's look horrible with it.

So what do you guys run with your mini-vert?

Pics/links of them mounted would be really helpful.

Thanks

Cyco-Dude Guest
    i've always thought the smaller on/offs looked good with the skinny vert frames. so like, those cage asas or a cp mini rail with mini on/off asa.

i don't think the mini direct mount looks that bad either. here's another example.
    Last edited by Cyco-Dude; 09-14-2014 at 10:57 PM.

I have an empire mini rail and this thing is tiny, but it still sticks out past the bottom of the frame on one end or the other. The lines just aren't good for this frame, but the cp mini on/off i have seems to be the right size. I just don't have a cp rail to check out.

Also, i have a cage ASA, but it doesn't autobleed and, while that's fine on my cockers, i hate asa's that don't auto bleed on mags.

Thanks for posting those links.

Use the CP mini and no rail. You can have Luke dovetail the frame. Would make for a nice small and clean setup.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    I just don't have a cp rail to check out..
    well, if you go for a different rail, make sure to get the mini cp rail, and not the larger standard sized rail. the standard rail is much larger than the empire mini rail (i've got both sitting right here in front of me).

Why not one of Luke's offset wedges ?

eclipse oops, small in design I think and looked good on it

i've always liked bob long gear and cam drives.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Why not one of Luke's offset wedges ?
    mainly because they're not yet available in lefty.

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys.

Cyco, are the empire mini rail and cp mini rail about the same length?

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Cyco, are the empire mini rail and cp mini rail about the same length?
    i do not actually have a cp mini rail, just the standard. i think the mini is a smaller length (especially at the top) but a little more depth than the empire micro rail. i'll try to calculate the size and get back to you.

here is ans gear's video covering the different cp asas and rails; he uses a vert frame in his demonstration so that should give you some idea.

I've a CP direct mount on mine

Quote Originally Posted by maverick13 View Post
    I've a CP direct mount on mine
    I know lots of people like them, but I've just never been a fan of the direct mounts.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    I know lots of people like them, but I've just never been a fan of the direct mounts.
    depends on the frame. for me, all i care about is getting the correct reach, getting the correct rise, and having something that will position the tank so that it's not in the way of my wrist. sometimes it's done with a direct mount, sometimes it's done with a rail and asa. use what works.

Here is a CCM rail and ASA on my Ripper Mag

And a CP Direct Mount on my Pump Mag

I just picked up a silver cp direct. Looks like that's the only one that doesn't have a weird relation to the rail.

Thanks, guys. I'll post pics when the ASA gets here.

I really think you made the right choice !

I just picked up a silver cp direct. Looks like that's the only one that doesn't have a weird relation to the rail.

Thanks, guys. I'll post pics when the ASA gets here.
    Was wondering if you put this one together yet. I'm curious how your asa looks as I'm also looking at Luke's vert frame for my mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpion View Post
    Was wondering if you put this one together yet. I'm curious how your asa looks as I'm also looking at Luke's vert frame for my mag.
    Things are running a little late. I should have it together Monday and will get pics up then.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    man, i am not a fan of ccm rails. their bolt hole spacing makes them sit weird on the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    man, i am not a fan of ccm rails. their bolt hole spacing makes them sit weird on the frame.
    I have a dust black CCM rail and ASA.

I dont like how the rail is longer than the rail part of the ASA, its stupid looking to me.

Guess I should sell it, I'll never use it.

The CCM Mini Drop rail actually fits pretty nice. I think I'm going to get a black one and run the gun this way.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I have a dust black CCM rail and ASA.

I dont like how the rail is longer than the rail part of the ASA, its stupid looking to me.

Guess I should sell it, I'll never use it.
    ditch the ccm rail and get an empire nano rail. that's how i'd run it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    ditch the ccm rail and get an empire nano rail. that's how i'd run it.
    I have a couple of Empire nano rails. Here's why I didn't use them:

So here's the full-size CP direct-mount on the vert frame.

I'm not sure how I feel about it compared to the mini direct as seen on Lancecst's pump, but it's good enough for now.

After seeing some the options, I'm liking the ccm mini drop on lancest's ripper best.

I think that cp direct mount looks cleanest of the options here. All the rails in between break the flow of lines for me.

Here's one of my cage drops on the vert frame. This one doesn't have auto bleed so I'm not going to use it, but it looks clean.

anyone have a BL geardrive they can throw on a mini-vert frame just for a pic?

I think this kind of thread is very helpful.