Thread: ASA for Luke's mini-vert frame

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ASA for Luke's mini-vert frame

I just traded a z-grip for one of Luke's mini-vert frames. Problem is, all of my on/off ASA's look horrible with it.

So what do you guys run with your mini-vert?

Pics/links of them mounted would be really helpful.

Thanks

Cyco-Dude Guest
    i've always thought the smaller on/offs looked good with the skinny vert frames. so like, those cage asas or a cp mini rail with mini on/off asa.

i don't think the mini direct mount looks that bad either. here's another example.
    Last edited by Cyco-Dude; 09-14-2014 at 10:57 PM.

I have an empire mini rail and this thing is tiny, but it still sticks out past the bottom of the frame on one end or the other. The lines just aren't good for this frame, but the cp mini on/off i have seems to be the right size. I just don't have a cp rail to check out.

Also, i have a cage ASA, but it doesn't autobleed and, while that's fine on my cockers, i hate asa's that don't auto bleed on mags.

Thanks for posting those links.

Use the CP mini and no rail. You can have Luke dovetail the frame. Would make for a nice small and clean setup.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    I just don't have a cp rail to check out..
    well, if you go for a different rail, make sure to get the mini cp rail, and not the larger standard sized rail. the standard rail is much larger than the empire mini rail (i've got both sitting right here in front of me).

Why not one of Luke's offset wedges ?

eclipse oops, small in design I think and looked good on it

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Why not one of Luke's offset wedges ?
    mainly because they're not yet available in lefty.

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys.

Cyco, are the empire mini rail and cp mini rail about the same length?

I think that cp direct mount looks cleanest of the options here. All the rails in between break the flow of lines for me.

Here's one of my cage drops on the vert frame. This one doesn't have auto bleed so I'm not going to use it, but it looks clean.

anyone have a BL geardrive they can throw on a mini-vert frame just for a pic?

I think this kind of thread is very helpful.