Thread: Why is Runamok so crazy....?

Why is Runamok so crazy....?

World Shoot 2014 is a big international action pistol match coming to Frostproof, Fl. in mid Oct. Where I work is contracted to load 45 acp rounds for this match, 30 thousand to be exact. Since I load 45's it's my job to load these match rounds I'm no stranger to loading match ammo.These rounds will be shot by a bunch of picky Prima Dona's So I'm taking a little more care to load perfect rounds. For 3 days my primer filler has almost totally rejected to fill the primers correctly this has been driving my to distraction! It will eat CCI, Winchester, Mag teck, primers but hates the taste of Federal match primers. So my boss puts together a filler we use on the automatic loaders set up for me alone filling 100 at a time. Then the link arm assem. for the Dillion 1050 breaks. It's not 2 months old and costs $260 + dollars and it the main mech. connection to run the whole damn machine. When this goes your primers will be high and max overall length is exceeded. Useless rounds. Not a terrible disaster,...Yet. Maybe only 500 rnds lost. So you think? When advised of the situation My boss realizes He forgot to tell me that these rounds are requested to be 1.200 Overall length and not the standard 1.260 length.

15,000 rounds screwed up! every round I've loaded for the last 3 days with all the aggravations involved......USELESS!!!!!! at .40 cents a round that's a lot of money! I hate with a passion wasting money making useless bullets! Now we have to order more primers and re set the Dillion, clean and inspect more brass and start from scratch again! Runamok is off the chain tonite, look out Cent Fl.
    The one brite spot is I now have a $1000 primer filler, that will eat any brand, and I'm never giving her up again. My old one got put on one of the automatic machines and I got stuck with the cheaper Dillion, but never again!!! will I give up my nice filler. I will always aspire to make the best bullets out there. Anything else is not acceptable! So I'm nut's, can you blame me? No because if I load it you can have no fear of shooting it. Oh! the guy's in the white jackets just pulled into the driveway with their runamok nets,....I gotta run! Have a nice night guy's.
    Last edited by Runamok; 09-16-2014 at 03:44 PM. Reason: because I can!
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

Heres to you supporting making an awesome AMERICAN MADE product for what is most certainly and American past time.
    Chin up! Beer up.
    March 2014 Classic MotM winner - RT Classic

What? only one beer? Thanks for the support and tomorrow I'll start cranking out the best.till then ?

Yes only one beer.. you kinda ARE messing with things that can kill you

Exclamation

So they are throwing away 15k rounds of .45 ?
    Let me know where I need to come with the garbage cans !
    I'm not kidding, Sebring isn't that far !

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    So they are throwing away 15k rounds of .45 ?
    Let me know where I need to come with the garbage cans !
    I'm not kidding, Sebring isn't that far !

me also, I have 2 1911's and can always use free match ammo

DA, I'm at home, been here for 3 hr. just enjoying a couple of cold ones before making dinner. Actually working on a custom rt rail. My way of unwinding. I took an old RT rail, loc-tite'd some Alum. 8/32's in the in the sight rail and fore grip holes. Then milled off the wings and front, sorta short shadow rail look. Now I'm messing around with doing some curvy carveing on the top and rear, Nothing as exotic as a Phoenix or Karta, just file and sand some long smooth curves and see how I like what I come up with. The tail has kinda a Storm walk looking snatch grip feel. We'll see.
    GH, & Vin., Sorry these won't get chucked. We'll re-chrono these and sort them to remove any "high" primers and "llong ones" "Useless" referred to the World Shoot theater. These might be sold as Sub-sonic ammo, once they've been re-tested. I might even run a couple of handfull through my Kimber, see how they group. 15k represents a lot of money that my boss will try and recoup some how. Even the bad ones will get pulled apart to re-cycle the brass and scrap the lead. This wasn't my first time boo boo but it's surely my biggest. Most screw up's get caught early, maybe 500 to 1000 lost.
    This was the 3rd link that's broke on me this year. Big steel machine, and the main pressure bearing link is Alum. go figure?

where are you getting the powder? powder is scarcer than a green smear classic right now.

I thought that was normal for you

Vintage , powder is not that hard to find

Mayer Bloomberg and Gov. Cuomo do not approve threads regarding firearms. Please refrain from posting on this subject so that people in occupied states do not get envious of your second amendment freedoms. Thank you.

I don't know where my boss get's the powder from, I can say it comes in on a pallet in 40 lb. kegs.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Mayer Bloomberg and Gov. Cuomo do not approve threads regarding firearms. Please refrain from posting on this subject so that people in occupied states do not get envious of your second amendment freedoms. Thank you.
    Oh so your Mayor and Governor would be thrilled to see this picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Who's that?

Who's that?
    That's the guy from Zodiac paintball, and that's their super top secret new model.

What's wrong with the trees behind him?The leaves, they're all brown?

Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    I don't think it's central Florida.

Its always green in central Florida.

Think maybe there's a song in there, maybe to the tune of "it never rains in southern California".

Wheeew, Had me worried there. I thought Global Warming had burnt up all the leaves and I'd soon be living on beach front property. I saw a prediction model once, 3" temp rise, polar ice caps melt, Lk.placid turns into a swamp, and Sebring is beach front property. There go my taxes!!!! I hear there would good surfing off hwy 60 in Brandon.

Wheeew, Had me worried there. I thought Global Warming had burnt up all the leaves and I'd soon be living on beach front property. I saw a prediction model once, 3" temp rise, polar ice caps melt, Lk.placid turns into a swamp, and Sebring is beach front property. There go my taxes!!!! I hear there would good surfing off hwy 60 in Brandon.
    That's all caused by the tidal wave that's the result of California sliding into the ocean.

That what happens to leaves up her in NH in October. Another couple weeks they were probabaly on the ground. That was at Reaperball a few years ago. Allong with all the paintball guns there was that Ar, a FN Scar and a 1911. A far cry from BigE's beloved NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    That what happens to leaves up her in NH in October. Another couple weeks they were probabaly on the ground. That was at Reaperball a few years ago. Allong with all the paintball guns there was that Ar, a FN Scar and a 1911. A far cry from BigE's beloved NYC.
    Everyone was pulling assault rifles out of their trunks and handing them to me. It was quite glorious.

Everyone was pulling assault rifles out of their trunks and handing them to me. It was quite glorious.
    In New York they are assault rifles, to the rest of us they are hunting implements.

I went hunting once with my HK 91, totally freaked the game warden, I only carried 4 rounds! Glad you had a good time BE. If you ever get down to redneck country, look out.
    Kinda weird bout those leaves though, The only color change we see around here is the license plates.
    Last edited by Runamok; 09-19-2014 at 04:16 PM.

I'm less crazy then before. I got to replace my old press with a brand new Dillion 1050. My boss decided that after 4 million + rounds, on the old 1050, ,that my press might need replacing. Ya think? Smooth as silk and not covered in grease & gun powder. I'm a happy camper. Now if I can just get through the last 20 thousand small primer brass that keeps blowing up primers, I'll be able to load real 45's again.Sad to say I've blown up more primers loading Small primer brass in the last 3 week then I've blown up in the last 4 years. Of anything.I started wearing my old JT Specrta to load these damn things. I get funny looks. and give them back.Of course if your singing the Muppet Show theme while loading your going to get looks. "It's time to put on makeup...." If you've never watched the Muppet show please disregard this post. "It's time to get things started ....."

Yeah... I used to work at Dillon. Their QC guy that's been there for 20+ years just died tragically in a bike accident about a month ago. There are a lot of real good people there trying to step in, but the one guy has been the final check on the 1050's since day one is gone. I don't think a single 1050 ever went out the door without some fine adjustment here or there by him or under his watchful eye. I miss him very much, I learned to shoot sporting clays with him, the man could school us all on a snap shot.
    http://www.brianenos.com/forums/inde...owtopic=204014

Also... if you're loading that much... get a camdex, and don't buy commercial primers. Ever since the Obama scare, and the arsenals trying to keep up, ya get a lot of not round primers that dont like to feed very well. I feel your pain. Good luck.
    Last edited by MoeMag; 12-09-2014 at 11:02 PM.

Going Home, are you trying to get me a custom tailored straight jacket? I'l be humming that tune all day now.

Moe, Sorry to hear about the the Doc,. It's never good to lose a guy that cares about what He puts his name on. Since 9's & 40's are in big demand by our distributor, we have 4 sets of camdex running those. We Dillion loaders run the good stuff, 357's,45, 45LC, 44 mag, 223, 10mm, and so on. I'm very familiar with primer woes.

You load and 5.7 x 28?

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks View Post
    You load and 5.7 x 28?
    Sorry I'm not familiar with this beastie. I'd be interested in a pic though.

Cool

Sorry I'm not familiar with this beastie. I'd be interested in a pic though.
    One of the two pistol caliber ammunitions that can defeat level 3 kevlar.

The other is 7.62x25 Tokarev (poor mans 5.7)

5.7x28

7.62x25 Tokarev

(Many of the criminal mindset are using kevlar now)