Thread: Need a specific type of rail

Need a specific type of rail

I need an ASA mounting rail that does not use a set screw that pushes a ball down putting pressure on the ASA. Instead I need the kind that the set screws spread the sides apart. I used do have one ages ago but forgot who made it. Anyone know who makes these?

CP makes them. The Pro Mini Rail definitely works like that: Pro Mini Rail

I'm not sure if their Rail Drop works the same way, but I like the aesthetics a little better: Rail Drop

Deadlywind asa rail is like that, smart parts had one that pushed the rail forward about a half inch forward like that

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    I need an ASA mounting rail that does not use a set screw that pushes a ball down putting pressure on the ASA. Instead I need the kind that the set screws spread the sides apart. I used do have one ages ago but forgot who made it. Anyone know who makes these?
    yeah, the cp rails unclestasiu linked and warrior come to mind.

Thanks guys. Have an NDZ ASA and the ball and screw type doesn't work so well on it. I appreciate the help.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Thanks guys. Have an NDZ ASA and the ball and screw type doesn't work so well on it. I appreciate the help.
    wow that's weird...the ndz rails are the ball kind; mine holds ok. i have an older ndz on/off asa and ndz rail with the two balls (because rails are better with two balls... o_O ). is it an ndz rail or some other brand? is it the older style ndz on/off asa or the newer twister style (with the macroline in the center)?

i guess it's moot in the end. here's a tip though; don't over-tighten the grub screws if you get a cp (or similar) style rail. i got a used one that was apparently tightened down so hard, the sides of the rail developed hairline cracks!

Honestly I can't remember what rail it is. I bought it almost a year ago and so much crap has moved through here I lost track. I actually think its an NDZ rail. It holds, but with a tank on it, it wobbles a little and when you look at it the rail is barely holding onto the ASA. Doesn't look like it would take much to pop that ASA off the rail. I just think the spreading kind will work better and be more secure. Ordered one of the Warrior ones and hope it gets here before next week.
    Last edited by OPBN; 09-23-2014 at 08:33 AM.

CCM makes a nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by splat15k View Post
    CCM makes a nice one.
    I think that may be what I had before. They are nice, but pretty pricey. Picked up the Warrior one from ANS for $11 shipped. Think it will do the trick.

I think that may be what I had before. They are nice, but pretty pricey. Picked up the Warrior one from ANS for $11 shipped. Think it will do the trick.
    That'll certainly do! Hard to beat $11 shipped.