Thread: So I picked up a 22ci tank.....

So I picked up a 22ci tank.....

And realized it was too long to comfortably use on my MiniTacPumpMag. Got a CP drop in a package deal and thought hmmmmm:

Might need to play with it a time or two before I commit and cut the passenger size macro line shorter. Not really digging the look, but man is it super comfy!!

I think it looks pretty friggin' awesome even with the drop. Comfort is more important than aesthetics!

Cyco-Dude Guest
    well, as long as you find the correct rise and reach for your setup, you can focus on the aesthetics later. is the rail gloss or dust? if it's gloss, maybe get one in dust black to match the rest of the gun? i don't think that drop looks terrible on that frame. slim where it mounts, and ends just before the frame curves up in the back.

It's sure does look good, is that a 9oz but plate, I got a 13ci tank and the 9oz but plate wouldn't fit but that size tank may work out well for my boy.

I have no idea what size the butt plate is. I found it in my pile of parts and thought that it looked smaller than the one I tried on it before. I had thought about trying the tennis ball thing I have seen some do to the tank. I like the feel of it without the buttplate, but its too slippery.

The drop is dust actually. It was a little surprise in a deal I just got in. Also came with a shorty CP gas thru in gloss black..Woot. Been looking for one of those for months. lol.

What type of tank, reg and where did you pick it up? I was thinking of getting same thing for my pumps, was not sure if 22 or smaller. Any idea how many shots of one fill?

I really think it looks great. Maybe if you put one of Luke's wedges it give a more compact set up.

I got the tank used from ManiacMechanic and it came with a Myth reg. They are pretty hard to come by and just lucked into one. I also got in on the 17ci tanks that were blown out on EBay recently! Those are really nice with a rail mounted ASA. Have yet to use either of the tanks so unsure of shot count. Roughly I am guessing 150-200 on the 22. I'll play around with it in a couple of months when I get to play again.

I think the marker looks great and nice to have a few more shots than the 13/2k will give.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    I got the tank used from ManiacMechanic and it came with a Myth reg. They are pretty hard to come by and just lucked into one. I also got in on the 17ci tanks that were blown out on EBay recently! Those are really nice with a rail mounted ASA. Have yet to use either of the tanks so unsure of shot count. Roughly I am guessing 150-200 on the 22. I'll play around with it in a couple of months when I get to play again.
    You should be able to do better than that on efficiency. I've gotten 150+ on a 13ci. Stock valve. I set the tank reg so its putting out just a tad over 500psi.

Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79 View Post
    You should be able to do better than that on efficiency. I've gotten 150+ on a 13ci. Stock valve. I set the tank reg so its putting out just a tad over 500psi.
    I was spit balling. I always use the old formula of 10balls/cubic inch for 3k tanks and 15balls/cubic inch for 4500. So 22/3k would be 220. But since Mags aren't always super efficient I was shooting low. lol.

I went with the tennis ball for the back of my 22ci. I think it helps with the shouldering and stops the tank from slipping. I'll actually don't think it feels to bad when mounted directly to my CP Direct Mount but I did buy a little drop forward and it does feel better. I'll have to snag some pictures.

The Myth reg helps a ton with the length on these... otherwise things get long quick! (thats what she said)

I have a 22ci I'm putting up for sale since I sold my pump cocker

Here is my Pump Mag with a 22ci with Ninja reg. The cover on the tank holds 2 APP TAC pods.