Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zgrip with Emag

Zgrip with Emag

Hi Ao member ,I am fairly new here and would like input on my looking to buy a Emag with a Zgip included in it...
    For starter i have a classic automag and found a a few splash parts for it and looks pretty decent....used a couple of times and loved it ..the accuracy and feel of the gun... than staeted to see the Zgrip and the Emag.loved the Zgrip and Emag feel and was hoping to get a EMag with Zgrip installed already.. I was wondering is there a Emag out there with a Zgrip on it and is it possible to even make one or someone out there that has it? I wanted just to have feedback on it since if it is possible i will be on the lookout for the Emag with Zgrip if it does exist... please leave as much feedback if there are true or not. Thanks

Cool

Welcome to AO. Be warned, Automags are addictive. Once you get one then you'll start to upgrade it and before you know it you'll have enough to build 3 extra mags.

So your question is a little confusing. The "ZGrip" you are referring to is a mechanical frame made to be used on any mag except an Emag. An Emag requires a very large solenoid and electronic board. Emags also require a very large battery to power the solenoid. Here are some pictures to help.

Classic RT with Zgrip:

Emag:

Now another option to consider would be a Electro ZGrip like this one:

That last option uses a 9volt battery and uses an electronic board to control a "Noid" that pushes a pin against the sear of the automag. That's the basic design for all other electronic trigger frames for automags. Trigger frames like the Booyah Frame, Hyperframe and the mechanical pneumatic conversion.

I hope that helps give you some useful information. If you have any questions then feel free to ask and we'll be glad to help.

I need to find someone to do that to my zgrip

Sk8er covered it pretty well. What you're going for is an electro z-grip. I haven't seen anyone publishing this mod, so finding someone to do it may be difficult and I would give up on the idea of finding one already done. There are a couple of pneu'd z-grips out there so you may have a better chance of finding one of those.
    People tend to hang on to their z-grips, but if you're just looking for similar options, y-grips tend to change hands more frequently and are cheaper to boot.

then, if you're willing to give up a little more of the "classic" look, but retain some of the feel, there are plenty of vert frames that you can find already electro'd.

Damn.

I would love to do that to a Z-Frame.
    Shame there is no tutorial on how to do that.

Anyone on here done it and know how?

That board is a hyperframe board so I don't think it would be too hard to do. You would just need to be perfect in drilling a few holes and making a mounting system for the noid. I have a few extra hyperframe boards if someone wants to try this.

I would love to, but I don't have access to a drill press at the moment...

I'll have to file that away for a later mod, once I get my hands on a Z-Grip.

Thanks for the information , so what you guys are saying is that there are some Emag with Zgrip installed already by customizing them, but would be hard to come by and or expensive to build one from scratch. So if someone is selling them it would be like looking for a vintage baseball card from the 1920's. Hard to find Emag with Zgrip. So I guess my option is to get a stand alone Zgrip and installed it to my classic automag. I love the design of the Zgrip, but for the Emag I love it too since I had a chance to held one and it was sturdy but the thought of tinkering iwith those electronics items makes me jitter.

i like the emag feeling also but u will find that the front grip on a emag will be longer than the rail when lined up correct. i like the bigger packs on the emags than tiny small gas thrus. though u could do a pneumatic conversion but you will have to run your lpr off the asa or somewhere else so u could use a different front grip.

What they are saying is you are looking for a unicorn. No Z grips were offered from AGD as electronic frames. There were one or maybe two that were custom built to incorporate electronics, but that's it.

you can put (theoretically) a z-grip on the rest of an emag. However, you will not find an emag with a z-grip with the emag frame electronics inside the z-grip frame.

However, if you want the feel that you're asking about: buy an emag, buy a z-grip that has been milled out, buy a hyperframe board and solenoid, and then post up here and see if someone will assemble the whole thing for you.

And emag uses a standard emag set of lowers. They can be original hump back grip frames or the newer ULE grip frames. There were no Z-grip emags. All other electronic grip frames are just aftermarket add-ons or modifications that allow any mag to operate using an electronic trigger, but those mags are not emags.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Welcome to AO! These guys have you covered. The automag is a platform that allows you to do anything that you want. If you want a Zgrip Emag, go for it! It may take some work, but it is possible. Whenever I think of Zgrip Emags, I think of The ZX-Mag that was made by AO member Loguzzzzzz (seen here...)

*This one is pretty custom. It uses the Xmag, unibody design instead of the e-mag style with a separate rail and body.

I suggest keeping it a bit more simple for right now and stick with a Z-grip automag. Keep an eye out on the B/S/T forums for a great deal for a standard e-mag. They come up from time to time and get snatched up pretty quick.

If the DNA boards ever see the light of day... there will be a LOT going on in the E-frame realm

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    If the DNA boards ever see the light of day... there will be a LOT going on in the E-frame realm
    Yep! QFT

just a note, the ZX-mag that Bunny showed is one of a few pneumatic z-mags. Here is one of mine that went through a few iterations:

The pnuematic frames get you a trigger pull that is as close to electronic as possible in a mech mag and it just uses air instead of ever needing a battery.

Bow, very nice work. Any chance you can show the inside of the frame and maybe some steps how you did the work? I have a z grip I am thinking of doing, thanks.

Really I think there is only one other modded z grip and that is also pneumag, it's the grey and red splash one, so 4 total so far.

My z is a pneumatic, very clean job also! Got it from bowcycle. Taken apart to get D winged

Ive got the " Z'lectro" that Loguzzzz and I conspired on that runs on a 9 volt, no pneumatics. Heres some pics:

nice. Always nice to see the cool customs come out.

Is that one of Dan's triggers? What a cool gun.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

For some reason that marker always reminds me of Santa's Sleigh or something. I hope I don't have the money if/when it ever comes up for sale. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    Is that one of Dan's triggers? What a cool gun.
    That most certainly is one of Dan's creations. I have several others and believe I was one of the last to be blessed with his triggers. As you know, Dan is quite busy.

Boy do I remember that one! It sat on my bench for a very long time while I scratched my head trying to figure that one out.

I was very happy with the results.
    ......You know you want one!!

Name:  zmag.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  83.4 KB

Hello my beauty here in 24 carat gold

Nice Zmag!
    From where did you got this "Z-mag" sticker looks great
    By the way is this a festus body on the left?

Hi thank you;-) the Z-mag sticker I have specially made.
    The Festus Body is one of two, now it is so known a Festus body is in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor View Post
    The Festus Body is one of two, now it is so known a Festus body is in Germany.
    Haven't heard that name around here in years!

Can we get better pictures of the Festus body? I remember when he machined that from the first run slug bodies...

Hey Luke,i have found a picture in a german forum!
    Looks pretty good.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  108.7 KB