Thread: Is it safe to use and how to fix it

Is it safe to use and how to fix it

So the bottom of my high pressure hose is losing its rubber/plastic outer sleeve but the braided mesh interior is still intact and does not leak. Is this a hazard to continue to play in its current state?

I am trying to replace it (I need a 15 inch hose) but trying to buy a replacement I can only find it in 32 inces. If i have to cut and add the connectors myself, what tool(s) do I need? I've been told a "swage tool" but I can't find the right one.

Is there a better set up than the one i'm currently using?

Name:  IMG_0185.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  74.4 KB

Thats just cosmetic flaw.

You can find a 12" braided air line often in the "misc." parts form. And not long ago I saw a post for some shrink wrap if you want to keep the black look or Radio shack sells it also. I wouldn't suggest trying to do a homemade air line. Keep in mind that your dealing with hi pressure of 800~1000 psi. If it blows out you'll need a change of underwear. You could also change out the braided line with macro line, add a straight fitting to the QD and a macro elbow on the bottle adapter.
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

The biggest problem i'm having right now is that i'm active duty military stationed in Okinawa Japan... so going to Walmart, Radio Shack, etc. isn't going to happen lol. I'm sure there are stores around here somewhere that could help, but I can't read Kanji :P

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Motrin870 View Post
    I am trying to replace it (I need a 15 inch hose) but trying to buy a replacement I can only find it in 32 inces.
    you have to look harder!

The biggest problem i'm having right now is that i'm active duty military stationed in Okinawa Japan... so going to Walmart, Radio Shack, etc. isn't going to happen lol. I'm sure there are stores around here somewhere that could help, but I can't read Kanji :P
    japan...ansgear does ship international apparently. it would bring the total to about $30 shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    You could also change out the braided line with macro line, add a straight fitting to the QD and a macro elbow on the bottle adapter.
    there is no need to have a quick disconnect if you use macro line, as the macroline fitting itself is a quick disconnect. you would simply use two 90-degree swivel elbows and whatever length of macroline needed. the hard part would be getting an uncut length, as most come pre-cut at 12".
    Last edited by Cyco-Dude; 10-05-2014 at 08:00 AM.

Get a short piece of heavy duty heat shrink and put it over the line you have now. It will keep dirt away from the braided shield.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Yeah nix the QD, I see you must remove the tank to de-gas anyway. "Macroline guy" sells 5' and 10' lengths.
    I just bought 10' because all my cut lines seem to come up 1/2 " short all the time. I don't believe you have to pay international fees to ship to an APO. A.O. could "adopt" you and send a care package, cookies, macro line, shrink wrap...

Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    Yeah nix the QD, I see you must remove the tank to de-gas anyway. "Macroline guy" sells 5' and 10' lengths.
    I just bought 10' because all my cut lines seem to come up 1/2 " short all the time. I don't believe you have to pay international fees to ship to an APO. A.O. could "adopt" you and send a care package, cookies, macro line, shrink wrap...
    I just got 10' from macrolineguy.com for 10$. It's the best price on the internet, and the inside diameter/ opening is large enough that I believe it will allow better flow also. This is not the case with some other lines I've purchased.

Care package idea is a good one. Have it all delivered to your mom, and she can get it to you cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    It's the best price on the internet, and the inside diameter/ opening is large enough that I believe it will allow better flow also. This is not the case with some other lines I've purchased.
    As far as I know the inside diameter is directly related to its pressure rating. So that's worth to keep in mind if you play with higher output regulator.

Your active duity in japan? In that case shoot me a pm. If all you want is to resleve it for the look. I will gladly send you a piece of heat shrink long enough. That is the least I can do as a thank you for your service.

Pm sent. Thanks so much man I can't find stuff like that where I am!

Pm sent. Thanks so much man I can't find stuff like that where I am!
    PMed you back about any other stuff you may need. Food or what not? But yah. We have heat shrink by the 500' rolls at work. More gets scrapped in a year than what you need.

Did you get fixed up? I have a 12" braided line with all the fittings you may not want but I'll send it to you anyway. I served in the gulf war so I know where your at. Not getting shot at but still serving.Brothers in Arms, or at least confusion.

I'm sending out the heat shrink early this coming weak. I had been holding off to make sure nothing else was needed sent. But its looking like that's a no go. So heat shrink will be on the way