Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Cocker guys have all the fun..

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    I see what you did there.
    Shhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by tbaggin View Post
    havin a body milling that flowed into the frame would be sweet too.
    This. One of my biggest "gripes" is that most components are made as standalones. While VD ended up being a total POS (for not delivering, not quality issues) in the end, in some ways he was on the right track IMO. To have a body, rail, foregrip AND frame that were all designed to flow together would be a thing of beauty.

one of my favorite setups ive seen on a mag (frame wise) besides the UL frame is skaterMOG's andel 45 with the angel grip, It looks so nice.

so yes, having a fluid mag would be fantastic

Bump...

Resurrection, Nemesis, Niche, Empire sniper, 3 types of Kryptonite bodies, FLE body, and abundance of after market parts. Those guys are having all the fun, seriously. As a mag guy I feel like we are left out of all of this 'new stuff' fun. The Automag market is very soft. Why is that?
    If he can sell 100 he'll make it......

I'd very likely buy one! Gotta see some eye-candy though!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    So the idea is 3 hours old and you want a completion date?? lol

My guess is the major hold up will be sales.
    You didnt get the play on words...Lurker Paragon......

Google it.

Subscribing to thread, wanna see where this goes...

Quote Originally Posted by Pudgey51 View Post
    Subscribing to thread, wanna see where this goes...
    Not anywhere anytime soon. There won't be anything from Inception Designs for the foreseeable future. Its not to say that there will never be, but unless someone throws stupid amounts of money($25,000 is about the going rate for a run of 25-100 bodies), we must not hold our brewths and look at what we have instead of what we want.

I also look at it this way. With cocker bodies, you are not only tapping into the cocker market, but also the pump market. The mag market is about a 1/10th of the pump and cocker markets combined. if we are even that lucky.

But the mag forum and its members and especially the mods are far superior to that other forum ....

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    But the mag forum and its members and especially the mods are far superior to that other forum ....
    No question, but its all about the numbers game. By having a body that can be used by both the cocker and sniper communities, in both old cocker and new Empire based resurrection/sniper base, you have a huge market(by Mag standards) in which to draw from. That is the key and that is why those markets are getting the cool toys. Its a pure numbers game and the mag community doesn't have it.

I think part of the "lower sales = lower quantity custom mag parts runs" is this, 1) mag enthusiasts are more discriminating (read pickier) and, 2) they request too many different configurations and options.

I know "one size fits all" doesnt work for everyone but the mag community as a whole seems to be harder to please than most.

I will throw this out there.. IF we want Simon to do something for us we will have to produce our own slug bodies and rails. If I can get them made, and people buy them, then we can get something going.

Slug bodies are my next project after the OLTR. I have an idea for a new slug body design, so its coming.

Slug bodies are my next project after the OLTR. I have an idea for a new slug body design, so its coming.
    You already do slug rails don't you ?

That must mean a complete marker minus the valve is on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    You already do slug rails don't you ?

That must mean a complete marker minus the valve is on the horizon.

They need to be made to AGD specs

Are my rails not to spec?

Are my rails not to spec?
    As you said yourself, your frames aren't up to AGD specs(hence your cheater working with your frames, but any other AGD spec'ed frame would need milking). While they should and do work(never heard otherwise), i do believe that the rail needs the least amount of exactness.

I never said the frame wasn't to spec, I believe you misunderstood the comment.

AGD spec has to do with working geometry not design. Working spec would be bolt holes, trigger location, safety location, trigger guard length, rear bolt bushing, twist lock barrel fittings, and front bolt recess for bodies... That's pretty much it the rest does not matter.

Also, mine are hogged out to give room for mods and reduce weight, Intellis are clunkers.

Eye on the prize.

I will throw this out there.. IF we want Simon to do something for us we will have to produce our own slug bodies and rails. If I can get them made, and people buy them, then we can get something going.
    I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    I'm interested.
    +1