Thread: micromag sear?????

micromag sear?????

How can I tell if a sear is for a micromag or not?

Also the 2k9 micromags are using RTP sears correct?

Cyco-Dude Guest
    the micromag sear i came across was slightly thinner than the rtp sear, the bushing was ground flush with the sear, and the bushing was drilled out to accept a classic sear pin instead of using the rtp sear axle.

Earlier models use standard Classic sears, 2K9 models use RTpro sears.

The only micromag-specific sear is for the original MicroEmag (2000) because AGD made all of their Emag sears to RTpro spec (with the bushing) which doesn't fit in original Micromags... This can be solved by grinding down the bushing on a standard Emag sear to fit flush in Micro2000 or earlier models, and drilling it out to accept the wider Classic axle pin. The MM2K9 accepts a standard Emag sear, or an RTpro sear for mechanical setups, but uses a proprietary threaded sear axle.

Some earlier generations also use proprietary threaded sear axles - see the Micromag guide in the archives for details.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    The only micromag-specific sear is for the original MicroEmag (2000) because AGD made all of their Emag sears to RTpro spec...
    ah yes, now i remember. i forgot that sear came with my emag. it had a microemag sear in it that i converted back.