Thread: "Spongy" trigger pull

"Spongy" trigger pull

I have a problem that I cannot figure out. I have an ULE Custom with an X-Valve and Intelliframe. I have the switch for the warp feed in the trigger frame. When I pull the trigger, sometimes it fires, sometimes it does not. The majority of the time, the trigger is spongy and will not trip the sear.

What I have done thus far:

1. measured the trigger rod length - validated to be 1.985"
    2. measured the on/off pin length - validated to be .750 (stock on/off pin)
    3. swapped the intelliframe with 68 automag metal trigger frame (marker cycles)
    4. adjusted regulator pressure
    5. placed valve in another marker (cycles properly)
    6. removed the switch for the warp feed

I am at a loss. Any thoughts?

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I have a problem that I cannot figure out. I have an ULE Custom with an X-Valve and Intelliframe. I have the switch for the warp feed in the trigger frame. When I pull the trigger, sometimes it fires, sometimes it does not. The majority of the time, the trigger is spongy and will not trip the sear.

What I have done thus far:

1. measured the trigger rod length - validated to be 1.985"
    2. measured the on/off pin length - validated to be .750 (stock on/off pin)
    3. swapped the intelliframe with 68 automag metal trigger frame (marker cycles)
    4. adjusted regulator pressure
    5. placed valve in another marker (cycles properly)
    6. removed the switch for the warp feed

I am at a loss. Any thoughts?
    spongy trigger sounds like the velocity is not high enough, but swapping the frames says there is an issue with your intelliframe. with the marker aired up and safety on, how much of a gap is there between the back of the trigger and the trigger rod? it sounds like the gap could be too large. if that's the case, just unscrew the rod to close the gap a little. there should be about a 1mm gap between the back of the trigger and the rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    spongy trigger sounds like the velocity is not high enough, but swapping the frames says there is an issue with your intelliframe. with the marker aired up and safety on, how much of a gap is there between the back of the trigger and the trigger rod? it sounds like the gap could be too large. if that's the case, just unscrew the rod to close the gap a little. there should be about a 1mm gap between the back of the trigger and the rod.
    I checked the gap during my tolerances review (1/16") and the I have the velocity set high enough (I checked this several times).

Any other ideas?

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I checked the gap during my tolerances review (1/16") and the I have the velocity set high enough (I checked this several times).

Any other ideas?
    1/16" is a little big..decrease slightly and see what it does. 1mm, or about the thickness of a credit card is what you want.

I swapped the sear w/trigger rod from another mag. It is definitely the trigger rod length. Since the mag that I swapped with is using the single trigger that I mentioned above, I am not going to adjust it at this time. Hopefully, my memory will stay intact as to why that sear is with that frame...

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...64519568538501
    Last edited by Spartacus; 10-10-2014 at 11:52 AM.