Thread: $25 Smart Parts Magic Box Mag (Baltimore CL)

$25 Smart Parts Magic Box Mag (Baltimore CL)

Own a useless piece of paintball history

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/spo/4707729283.html

I shot him a text about shipping it. If he will. I'll either clean it up for a backup gun. Or turn around and sell it clean and fully functional and tested.

nvm. great deal

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    I shot him a text about shipping it. If he will. I'll either clean it up for a backup gun. Or turn around and sell it clean and fully functional and tested.
    If he won't let me know, i live in baltimore, we could work it out

I texted him as well and no answer so far.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skipdogg View Post
    nvm. great deal
    to be fair, any complete automag for $25 is a great deal.

Truly... an AR frame, cut, is at least $50-$75

Well. He has been fine to text with. He wanted to use money pak. Which i had never heard of. But whatever. Its a 40 dollar gamble shipping g included on my end. Said they can be bought at Walmart. Needless to say after spending way to much time in Walmart looking for something they didnt have I got the only card that is marked that it could be used to transfer funds. Apparently no dice. So now I've got to get my 40 bux out of this card I guess..... Grrrr.... Its not looking like this cheap spare marker was meant to be mine. Opbn. I recomend if you deal with it to take grelvire up on his offer.

Yeah it's sounding like buyer beware. He told me the same thing. I thought we had a deal and was going to run out today to get the card. He never said to hold off....

First thing I noticed when searching for what a moneypak was, is how many scams it's linked to.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpion View Post
    First thing I noticed when searching for what a moneypak was, is how many scams it's linked to.
    True. But anymore what deal like that isn't linked to tones of scams. Either way I just told him I was done. It was nothing but a spare/loaner marker to me anyways so I'm not jumping through any more hoops when I don't have the time...... Or patience.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpion View Post
    wow, in today's newspaper there was an article about how a woman was scammed out of $1,000 from moneypak card scams! not only that, but there are apparently fraudulent phone numbers that pretend to be moneypak customer service lines, that also scam people. lastly, greendot (who operate the moneypak cards) will shut the service down at the beginning of next year due to all the scams that people use the moneypak cards for.

the red flag is up; do not fall for these scams!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    wow, in today's newspaper there was an article about how a woman was scammed out of $1,000 from moneypak card scams! not only that, but there are apparently fraudulent phone numbers that pretend to be moneypak customer service lines, that also scam people. lastly, greendot (who operate the moneypak cards) will shut the service down at the beginning of next year due to all the scams that people use the moneypak cards for.

the red flag is up; do not fall for these scams!
    Yah. Well. This my be the first time I lost money on a cross country transaction. Went to clear the card off that was purchased last night with a bill for home construction stuff. Needless to say there was only 3 dollars on the card. It may not be a money pak card. But it is still 40 bux. Well it was bound to happen eventually. Wife is dealing with the card deal since I have the reception and card where it was purchased last night. We will see.

BTW. Deffineetly scam. We have confirmation that he transfered the money to his PayPal last night.

BTW. Deffineetly scam. We have confirmation that he transfered the money to his PayPal last night.
    Sorry to hear. He never even got back to me, which I thought was odd if he was looking to scam.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Sorry to hear. He never even got back to me, which I thought was odd if he was looking to scam.
    True. He sure didn't act at all in any way to bring up any flags while talking to him. Idk. I will say the card I got was one with walmarts brand name on it. And they pretty much bent over backwards to appear as if they are working it out. Card is locked with his attempted transaction to PP frozen. If it goes through Monday they are going to raise a dispute with PP. If it doesn't go through I should get a check. I do have the card and sales reciet. So we will see.

I would like to defend the guy as it being some odd mishap. But for a guy that didn't want to use PayPal. Then he was transferring the money to a PayPal account. Its not helping his good name any.

When I personally ask buyers to not use PP its because I don't want the cash tied up there. Otherwise PP works great. And if I ask I'm always Willing to ship asap because I know how it can look. All and all. Such is life. Haha.

Least my package from ANS came in today. Local scenario tomorrow. Yuppie.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    I would like to defend the guy as it being some odd mishap. But for a guy that didn't want to use PayPal. Then he was transferring the money to a PayPal account. Its not helping his good name any.
    he clearly tried to scam you. everyone here needs to flag that ad as a scam so it gets removed from craigslist.

When I personally ask buyers to not use PP its because I don't want the cash tied up there.
    just transfer the funds to your bank account then.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    he clearly tried to scam you. everyone here needs to flag that ad as a scam so it gets removed from craigslist.

just transfer the funds to your bank account then.
    Oh I know he did. I just always try to give anyone the benefit of the doubt.

And I refuse to link a bank account to PAYPAL. I never force them to avoid PayPal. I may ask. And if they say no I say no problem.

Well I am sorry that this turned out to be such a mess. I hope that everything works out.

Just a little update. Now the card company is basically going in circles because we refuse to give them our date of birth or ss number. Considering they never had that info to begin with. They sure as hell have no business with it now. We have the card. Card number. And original purchase recept. Grrrrrrrr. And to think. All we wanted to do was confirm where this fraud deal stood. All crooks of any kind should just be set a fire and let burn. Burn a few of them and the rest would straiten up.