Thread: bought my first automag classic for 75$ good deal??

bought my first automag classic for 75$ good deal??

Shameless automag noob here iust looking for opinions of my first automag. Not sure exactly what i have here(i know the guy said its been modded to run hpa) so if anyone can give me some info that would be so niiice! It was a decent deal but ive seen better steals on ebay.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by blazedandconfused; 10-18-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Did see that one on Ebay nice!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by swe_crazy View Post
    Did see that one on Ebay nice!
    Yup! $75.33 plus 11.95 shipping and handling. I couldnt resist owning a piece of history so i got it.

Does anyone recognize what type valve it has on it??

Quote Originally Posted by blazedandconfused View Post
    modded to run hpa
    Might mean it has the newer type regulator piston in it.. or might not. All of them usually run on HPA, no modding needed.

Normal Classic valve.

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    Might mean it has the newer type regulator piston in it.. or might not. All of them usually run on HPA, no modding needed.

Normal Classic valve.
    Thanks for the replys everyone.. when i saw OH MAG on the valve i thought it had been swapped from a newer model valve.

The valve is from an Oh Pollack Mag. I just had one pass through here last week. Pretty much a standard Classic valve with a label on it.

That looks like a WGP inline reg on your vertical ASA. The Automag is already regulated so I would pull that reg off to avoid starving your 'Mag of flow. With the reg on an HPA tank, that would actually be triple regulating your setup...totally unnecessary.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JKR View Post
    That looks like a WGP inline reg on your vertical ASA. The Automag is already regulated so I would pull that reg off to avoid starving your 'Mag of flow. With the reg on an HPA tank, that would actually be triple regulating your setup...totally unnecessary.
    the regulator could be gutted and is just acting as a gas-through grip.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    The valve is from an Oh Pollack Mag. I just had one pass through here last week. Pretty much a standard Classic valve with a label on it.
    Thanks for the clarification... you had a complete Oh Pollack or just the valve?

Quote Originally Posted by JKR View Post
    If it isnt gutted already like cyco suggested ill probably gut it myself.
    Last edited by blazedandconfused; 10-13-2014 at 08:58 AM.

I had a complete Oh Pollack.

The inline reg has a hole that air was leak thru when i aired it up. Do anyone know why it does that?

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by blazedandconfused View Post
    The inline reg has a hole that air was leak thru when i aired it up. Do anyone know why it does that?
    safety release hole. in the event the regulator piston leaks, the high-pressure gas will vent out through that hole instead of going into your marker and either causing a hot shot or damage to the marker. it looks like you'll have to either get a proper gas-through grip, or just run the air hose from the asa to the valve (you'll want a 10-11" length of stainless hose if you want to go that route).

side question, are you using hpa or c02? if you're using c02, you might want to get an expansion chamber instead of a gas-through grip.

hey people, quick question ... can someone tell me what type barrel is on this mag. someone asked me at the fields and i have no clue. thanks and sorry for ressurrecting an old thread.

Looks like an old SP 2 piece. As in half AL half SS. It was kinda a gimmick back around 2000. May be a nockoff of the sp though. Some of the other brands did that.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    i concur; smart parts all american with a stainless back.