Thread: Dallara Body and Rail

Dallara Body and Rail

Looking for a Dallara Body and or Rail
    Last edited by wetwrks; 11-22-2014 at 02:44 AM.

still looking for the parts.

still looking...

Still hunting.

Pm ing

Up...

Up...

Gl to u, ive been looking for a long time

we should just have someone with some cash fund another small small run of these. where would we find someone with cash to fun this though?

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    we should just have someone with some cash fund another small small run of these. where would we find someone with cash to fun this though?
    Have somone take out a loan on their house

But really if someone made another run I think everyone who doesn't own a dalara would be in for one

Here is the crux. When you talk of doing a small run of these, the price skyrockets and that is if, and its a huge IF, you have the CADs for the bodies. Then you need to either find an unknown source of AGD slugs or have them made, which can be costly in itself. I would guesstimate that the slugs, in a small run of 25 would be about $250 each.

So after the slugs are made, though i believe that you could skip the slug stage if you have very accurate dimensions for the body, but you still need the CAD for the Dallara/Karta. If you don't then you need to find someone who can CAD up the body, which means you need to donate one, and pay them to do the work.

Don't get me wrong, i want one myself. But i am realistic about this and don't really wish to pay $500 upfront for a body and rail that may or may not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Here is the crux. When you talk of doing a small run of these, the price skyrockets and that is if, and its a huge IF, you have the CADs for the bodies. Then you need to either find an unknown source of AGD slugs or have them made, which can be costly in itself. I would guesstimate that the slugs, in a small run of 25 would be about $250 each.

So after the slugs are made, though i believe that you could skip the slug stage if you have very accurate dimensions for the body, but you still need the CAD for the Dallara/Karta. If you don't then you need to find someone who can CAD up the body, which means you need to donate one, and pay them to do the work.

Don't get me wrong, i want one myself. But i am realistic about this and don't really wish to pay $500 upfront for a body and rail that may or may not work.
    I hear ya.
    *puts his wallet back in his pocket.