Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New XMT Classic RT Body Style

Wink New XMT Classic RT Body Style

Well not really.

I never liked those weird body fronts on classic RT's (or Mini Mags either).

So I sent this XMT classic RT body to Luke and he turned the front into an RPG Exile body.

So what in the world do we name this body ?

XMT Luke RPG body ?

Holy tabernacle thats too long !

XMT GH body ? Thats just dumb, I give up, someone give it a name.

Hopefully Luke kept the dimensions in case someone else wants one done.....

Next is anodizing, black of course.

NOOOOOOOOOO....what did you do to my beautiful piece of art?!!! LMFAO

Nice idea, I still think we need to call something Bob.
    " The Unholie"
    XMT carbon version?
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

Exclamation Bob Spelled Backwards

Well the body has been "bobbed" off ......

XMT Bob body ?

What became of the front part that was cut off?

I've always felt the even ule bodies were too long, that's why most of my mags bodies are chopped down, I would love if luke would offer this service but even take that exile looking body lip off and make it just like a pariah body

The "body lip" on the Exile was to cover the fore grip screws on the longer rails. The Pariah was cut flush with the front of a AM/MM rail. Or at least as short as the threads allowed. I've done both types and even one sorta in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    What became of the front part that was cut off?
    Consumed by the chip gods.

It already looks good, but would be really sweet if it were cut to the same angle as the front of the rail.

Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    It already looks good, but would be really sweet if it were cut to the same angle as the front of the rail.
    if this is put on a emag rail instead of the Classic RT rail, the lip of the bod will be flush with the lip of the rail, or at least it should.

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    if this is put on a emag rail instead of the Classic RT rail, the lip of the bod will be flush with the lip of the rail, or at least it should.
    yes, but it is specifically an RT-classic body. So probably won't ever go on anything but an RT-classic.

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    The length is random.
    It's based on the holes that were in the body and customers request that it be about a 1/4" longer than the rail. It was eye balled not measured because I was not given an exact measurement.

The lip is perfect.

When it gets all put back together after anno you wont even notice it.

What you will notice is the lack of the barrel scratcher on the front of the body.

I love it Alan ! but i was thinking the exact thing as Bow
    Its dedicated to a modified RT anyway, why not have the lines run through from body to rail ,up front ?

but seriously , i really like it

Because HE likes his new body. Almost makes me wish I hadn't sold my Classic RT. Too late now now. I'm eagerly awaiting a look at it when it's all ano'd up & assembled. I don't know what kind of lighting was used for the picture, But I'm loveing the kinkda golden over silver look in the pic. This should be a very clean looking Mag, lovein it!
    Last edited by Runamok; 10-20-2014 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I never liked those weird body fronts on classic RT's (or Mini Mags either).
    For that remark you're going to be poked by the Gardner's with ptichforks for all eternity when you die. How dare you question His creation?
    Il n'y a point de sots si incommodes que ceux qui ont de l'esprit.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopay700 View Post
    For that remark you're going to be poked by the Gardner's with ptichforks for all eternity when you die. How dare you question His creation?
    Ironic the difference in outlooks. I'm going out of my way to design a non banjo bolt rt around the styling lines of my beloved classic rt.

This does look nice though and I'm glad the owner likes it.

All that stuff in the front is good for its scratching your barrels up.

If it wasn't for all the holes in the front where wound you stick the weeds and leaves for camouflage? Really what kinda sniper are you if you don't spend 30 mins crawling through the brush wearing 40 lb.s of ghilli suite and 1/2 a forest with you in 95* weather? LMAO.
    Last edited by Runamok; 10-20-2014 at 03:51 PM.

That looks slick

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    All that stuff in the front is good for its scratching your barrels up.
    Since you've posted this twice I assume you have had issues with minimag and rt bodies? My dye ultralite looks almost as clean today as it did back in the late 90s. Don't think there is a scratch on it from the classicRT vented front.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Ironic the difference in outlooks. I'm going out of my way to design a non banjo bolt rt around the styling lines of my beloved classic rt.

This does look nice though and I'm glad the owner likes it.
    I actually like the look of what was done, I just like the original look more. It's one of the main reasons I own an RT over an X-valved mag.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by blackdeath1k View Post
    Since you've posted this twice I assume you have had issues with minimag and rt bodies? My dye ultralite looks almost as clean today as it did back in the late 90s. Don't think there is a scratch on it from the classicRT vented front.
    First and foremost I had this done to the body because in my humble opinion the RT and Minimag fronts are just plain ugly.

Second this will lighten it some, probably not enough to notice , but just an added bonus.

Third, of course you would be hard pressed to hurt a twist lock barrel, but if you slide a dust black or nicely anodized cocker barrel down that tunnel enough you will scratch it, just a matter of time.

I guess to each his own.

I had what I thought was a good idea, and now that it's a reality I do really like it.

Now to get it anodized.

Waiting for FX to get back to me.

Apparently he's been under the weather with kidney stones for a few days.

that's a funny looking cocker

Got a box in the mail today from FX Anodizing when I got home from paintball.

Its a work in progress, dont like the feedneck, the macro fitting on the foregrip needs something different, and I havent drilled the Triton for the banjo bolt yet........,

i'm liking it.

That's the one instance i think a super-low, no-rise feedneck would look great.
    Looks really sharp as is.

That's the one instance i think a super-low, no-rise feedneck would look great.
    Looks really sharp as is.
    Agreed, I have a CCM low rise and it wont tighten down enough on the Spire.

And apparently A Plus is no longer making feednecks and such.

Guess I'll try and track down a sub zero.

Still waffling on the frame, I have a mini vert and an Intelliframe, I'm thinking I'll probably end up using the Intelliframe.

And I got to get a 45 degree street elbow and a straight macro fitting for the bottom of the foregrip, because of the dropkick.

I know we all like throwing our cool stuff out there for the world to see, but I think the 45* frame of the intelli will better compliment the build. I think the lines of the build overall just aren't asking for a vert frame.

I personally love the Empire universal feedneck. Its the Vanquish or upgraded Axe one. Never had a problem tightening down on my spire. Allen, if you like them, i have adapters for them.