Thread: pump-ready Classic Body?

pump-ready Classic Body?

so I was taking apart my old Classic Mag with its direct feed body (ca. 1994ish) and I noticed that the bottom slot which is usually quite narrow (just wide enough for the sear to tip/rock back and forth) is a lot wider on this body and it has a groove which could be (I assume from the looks of it) for the pump rod...

Is my assumption correct and could this body therefore be used on a (rainman) pump-kit-equippped mag?
    If not, can anyone tell me what this is for and/or what the added groove is for?

Thanks!

Name:  1-20141020_210505.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  49.1 KB

You're exactly right; that body is pump-ready for any of the four big pump kits, since they all use the same approach and orientation of pump rod to re-set the bolt on the sear. By the look of it, I'd say that is a factory-milled body, as well.

You will need a milled rail to match, though. You can tell if the rail is milled if there's a rectangular channel running from the front end, down the left side of the lugs and whatnot along the center axis of the rail.

Yes it is pump milled. Rainman has stated before that he does not gutantee his pump kits to be to AGD specs though so the answer to that part is "maybe".

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Yes it is pump milled. Rainman has stated before that he does not gutantee his pump kits to be to AGD specs though so the answer to that part is "maybe".
    thanks a lot for the quick reply!
    I'm getting my hands on a (rainman) pump kit soon hopefully, so I'll be able to report if this worked or not...

I had a RM kit bind with a stock milled body and rail. I am pretty certain the binding laid more in the rail than in the body as when I put the same body on a Lukes rail, the kit worked smoother without binding.

it helps if Rainman does the milling on the rail, and sometimes the body.
    the kit you are looking at getting, he milled the rail to his specs of the pumpkit.
    his kits ive notice take some tuning but from what I see people doing they work great.
    the one you are looking at getting has never been used.
    I had him mill a body of my with the rail that you are looking at, it was smooth when mounted up.
    so who knows. you may get lucky and have no binding.

Factory pump milled body should work with Rainmans kit without modification. It's the rail that might give problems if not done by Rainman.

As I understand it the main issue is that he uses thicker pump rod than AGD spec and that's why he mills the groove in rail bit wider/larger.

Anyway that's how we figured it when buddy of mine milled my rail for Rainmans kit.

sounds good. The rail was modified by Rainman - so I should have no issues. As soonas I have it I'll post pictures...