Thread: CCM Macro fitting Problem

CCM Macro fitting Problem

Has anyone else run across the issue of threading the post in snug and the body won't seal because in hits whatever your putting it on ? I'vetalked w/CCM and the longer post is no longer available. Any suggestions?
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

Cyco-Dude Guest
    i haven't had any issues with my x-valves and cp asas so far. what are you putting the fittings on that it's hitting? it might have been tapped too far. or maybe you're just a beast, and threading them on too tightly?

Well the 1st time I couldn't seal a classic valve, but it was old so the threads may have been "tapped" a little deeper from fitting changes. Ya know the old solid elbow that just needs the extra 1/4 turn to align. Next was an ACI bottom line. & I think I remember a gas through that did the same to me. I don't like the idea of using 4 or 5 wraps of teflon tape or loc-titeing a fitting in. 1 wrap of teflon and a nice snug fit.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    well, to be fair the instructions do call for blue loc-tite to seal the post and body screw. i'm sure plenty of people use blue loc-tite to seal fittings as well.

i don't know what to tell you man, i think you're just out of luck. besides, a classic valve isn't swanky enough for a ccm fitting.

Honestly, when I got a new set of the CCM fittings, I could see potential issues with rubbage mainly from the one in the valve. I had to file down a tac body to get the fitting not to rub on that one. I do have some older fittings and might be willing to swap you out for one or two. I do like the newer ones though and the fact they have the allen fitting milled into the air passage to make mounting easier.

i don't know what to tell you man, i think you're just out of luck. besides, a classic valve isn't swanky enough for a ccm fitting.
    Name:  CIMG3145.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  64.5 KBName:  CIMG3144.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  54.9 KB
    Here is the last of the info on the air fitting posts:

Old style w/flats - no longer available: for CCM parts -
    overall length 0.6" - thread length 0.25"
    for non CCM parts - overall length 0.735" - thread length 0.340"

New style w/o flats - available: for both CCM and non CCM parts - overall length 0.6" - thread length .025"

Our new style post will work in older pre 2011 air fitting housings.
    Info straight from CCM, My pics show the "long" post (.735) these give you clearance for site rails and like a Tac body. And the rub issues are gone along with the "too short" problem. I may just have to do some trading. The hardline is a piece I got from work w/ a 5/16" od. I turned it down with a drill and hand file to fit each end to the fitting, seals up tight w/o an extra o-ring inside. Roughly 3 hr.s of work, So you can imagine my disappointment when the short post leaked. The ccm fitting have a so much cleaner look then swivel 90*'s. Once I get the math down pat I'm going to try turning one down on the lathe at work.
    Last edited by Runamok; 10-24-2014 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Misalignment of the Universe

I just ordered the older style "universal fitting" from CCM last week. It was the ones with the flats that was longer. I had to call and order they did have them.

Huh? I only asked about the replacement post. So It looks like you can still order the whole fitting, I'll have to think on that. Thanks.