Thread: Just picked up an Automag

Just picked up an Automag

Just got an 68. Classic Automag with a revy hopper off ebay, after seeing vids and reviews and what not im real excited to have added this to my collection, especially a marker as customizable as this it predates the ion customize craze. And good reliability claims if orings are intact.

First of all :
    Welcome to A.O.
    2nd , you have just unleashed the mag disease upon your self know as ( Mag-bola )
    symptoms include and are not limited to - compulsive non-stop buying and building of Automag markers lol
    3rd , i know of the marker and Revy you won ,cause i bid on it ,and never returned to bid again like a fool .LOL
    But seriously , nice find , best of luck in this an all your Mag and no-mag paintball endeavors

Quote Originally Posted by NU_METAL View Post
    First of all :
    Welcome to A.O.
    2nd , you have just unleashed the mag disease upon your self know as ( Mag-bola )
    symptoms include and are not limited to - compulsive non-stop buying and building of Automag markers lol
    3rd , i know of the marker and Revy you won ,cause i bid on it ,and never returned to bid again like a fool .LOL
    But seriously , nice find , best of luck in this an all your Mag and no-mag paintball endeavors
    already been eyeballing that lvl 10 bolt system. Gonna see how it does on the field first. Looking for a mag to autococker adapter. Leads point to Docs but non available on his site.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    honestly as long as you're feeding balls, and your detent is in good shape, you shouldn't have many issues chopping. i don't think i've ever chopped a ball with any of my lvl 7 'mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    honestly as long as you're feeding balls, and your detent is in good shape, you shouldn't have many issues chopping. i don't think i've ever chopped a ball with any of my lvl 7 'mags.
    Ever?

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79 View Post
    Ever?
    not that i can recall. i have broken balls in the barrel though (may or may not have been bolt related, who knows). granted, i've only been using automags for about a year and i don't exactly lay on the trigger too hard. i only go through about 500 paintballs in a day. any short bursts that i do, the revvy can keep up well enough.

I have chopped with my rt and my old classic mag way back when. BUT it was always self inflicted. As long as you don't out shoot your hopper. Or have sloppy trigger finger to short stroke all the time. There is narry a chop. Them really are the only times I have chopped paint.

Quote Originally Posted by NU_METAL View Post
    Jackpot.

I have a Docs adapter as well that I'll let go. I pm'd you.

I turned my lvl7 classic RT into a blender today when I threw on a SHP tank, and spaced to turn up the speed on my prophecy. First rt streak and paintball salad!

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jame4091 View Post
    I turned my lvl7 classic RT into a blender today when I threw on a SHP tank, and spaced to turn up the speed on my prophecy. First rt streak and paintball salad!
    lol. also, if you don't have a new parabolic feed plug, get one. apparently the old ones do not feed as well, especially with loaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    lol. also, if you don't have a new parabolic feed plug, get one. apparently the old ones do not feed as well, especially with loaders.
    The bad part about the feed plug thing is that as your trigger finger gets better and faster and you don't chuff anymore, it becomes more likely that you trip over a feed hiccup. A feed plug problem is often signaled by a stream of paintball confetti shooting out of the power feed on the third ball of a quick sequence of trigger pulls. For me, that was usually the fourth ball of a woodsball encounter. If the first ball missed or did not break, I would get two more off quick and then get shutdown on the fourth ball. I don't play level 7s very often, but even without any assisted loader I haven't had any noticeable chops since I quit using the old feed plug. That includes Luke's vert feeds. It is like the problem was only the combination of the power feed and the old plug.

This one isn't a power feed, right side tube going directly into the body. No place for a plug.

Just got it today and the thing worked right out of the box, no leaks. Broke it down and found the spring was a little corroded and the breach smelled like old paint but other than that it was clean. Gave it a good lubing and fired it a few time to make sure it was all nice n smooth.

Edit: Found out it is a TKO Automag from actionvillage.com
    Last edited by Solmangrundy; 10-28-2014 at 02:49 PM.