Thread: Did anyone here pick up this splash kit on eBay

Did anyone here pick up this splash kit on eBay

Did anyone here pick up this splash kit on eBay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Smart-p...item1e9035cef5

If so, please contact me. I would love to buy the stock from you.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1023 View Post
    Did anyone here pick up this splash kit on eBay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Smart-p...item1e9035cef5

If so, please contact me. I would love to buy the stock from you.
    lol, i think there would have to be a cold day in hell before you got that one, but i gave you a lead over @ mcb.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    lol, i think there would have to be a cold day in hell before you got that one, but i gave you a lead over @ mcb.
    I could kick myself for missing the ending on that listing. I was in the process of purchasing my blue Gross, and was waffling about bidding on that mag kit. When I committed, it was already over. Fast forward two months and I have a cocker that matches that stock. Oh well.

A very, very cold day in hell.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by swe_crazy View Post
    ...or perhaps, in sweden?

Haha! But you know where I am if ever you feel the need to let the stock go. I picked up the black one from Bacci but it seems to be missing something....oh yeah, the splash ano!

Please post pics of that mag when you are done!

I think it's a good thing you missed out on that. The ano colors are right but pattern is off, would end up bugging you all the time. You can see about hitting up caustic customs to do an ano match on your stock and barrel. He has done some amazing work ano matching, some way more difficult than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    I think it's a good thing you missed out on that. The ano colors are right but pattern is off, would end up bugging you all the time. You can see about hitting up caustic customs to do an ano match on your stock and barrel. He has done some amazing work ano matching, some way more difficult than yours.
    I think the stock is correct. When I look back at the eBay listing, it looks like the stock and bottle mount are correct, but the bottle, rail and barrels are different. the bottle looks like a Smart Parts ano. Either way, I agree that a trip to Caustic Customs is probably the answer. I have a Carter that I need to send that way too.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon1023 View Post
    I think the stock is correct. When I look back at the eBay listing, it looks like the stock and bottle mount are correct, but the bottle, rail and barrels are different. the bottle looks like a Smart Parts ano. Either way, I agree that a trip to Caustic Customs is probably the answer. I have a Carter that I need to send that way too.
    the rail, grip and barrel are smart parts splash. the bottle, stock and drop are john gross / fpc. the pattern is a little different from your 'cocker though...there is more smear and the silver splash is more random. the stock would look ok on it though, since it's such a small piece you can't really tell.

The bottle always looks "different" because it has a larger surface area than the other parts.

The bottle always looks "different" because it has a larger surface area than the other parts.
    the rail, grip and barrel are smart parts splash. the bottle, stock and drop are john gross / fpc. the pattern is a little different from your 'cocker though...there is more smear and the silver splash is more random. the stock would look ok on it though, since it's such a small piece you can't really tell.
    I see what you are saying now. The bottle does change the splash appearance. I an old Team Strange photo somewhere the other day that showed an automag in those colors. I don't remember where I saw it though. Anyway, Dan Bacci posted this on the John Gross thread I started on Custom Cockers. It shows an automag with a similar stock on the bottom. If I can find that other picture, I will link it here.

Name:  1996-splat-1-team-strange-web.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  117.3 KB

Cyco-Dude Guest
    not those colors. the team strange guns were blue background, with red smear and silver splash. like this:

such as this autococker, from the atlantic paintball challenge in 2000 (where team strange won the amateur division):