Thread: TVL automag

TVL automag

Can anyone drop me some more info on the TVL automag frame. pics anything?

I have never heard of it....which would be odd.

Learn something new everyday i guess. Thanks!
    Last edited by skipdogg; 10-30-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Sk8ermog just recently found one of the frames that bacci is showing in that vid, but I've never seen the body before. You may want to give him a shout and see if he may have some more info, but I know it was one of his unicorns that he had been on the hunt for.

IIRC that frame was not a TVL/Colonial product, but a Venom frame.

I wrote this a while back, I guess I forgot to hit "publish"

https://www.automags.org/forums/conte...94-TVL-Automag

Btw, I tried to track down Fixel's friend TVL. I signed up for a dutch paintball website and sent a few PMs, but I never heard anything back

Frizzle, do you have any information about the Venom frame. I always would consider it a ".45 Elite" Expansion Grip distributed by Powerpulse Products (John Sostas company) Did Venom ever publish anything about creating a frame like that?

I recall it being called a "45 Elite" as well... No information other than dusty recollections in the corners of my mind. I owned a few of them, bought one new along with some other European parts from Venom way back when. Sold my last one off when I unloaded the last of my paintball gear (my brain doesn't work as well without piles of mag parts around). I suppose it's possible that it was a TVL or Colonial product rebranded by PowerPulse, and maybe Venom also? Or maybe they just distributed it? I didn't think Sosta got along so well with the guy who made Colonials though, and the quality was much better than either a Colonial marker or TVL body...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I wrote this a while back, I guess I forgot to hit "publish"

https://www.automags.org/forums/conte...94-TVL-Automag
    Nice! Thanks for posting that one. I have that same V2 body in the blue acidwash!.
    It has some wear and small scratches to it AND that anno isn't really too easy to combine with anything, which is why I am considering having it annoed all black...
    I'll back this up with a picture of it later today

Quote Originally Posted by flampaint View Post
    nice! Thanks for posting that one. I have that same v2 body in the blue acidwash!. :d
    it has some wear and small scratches to it and that anno isn't really too easy to combine with anything, which is why i am considering having it annoed all black...
    I'll back this up with a picture of it later today
    Name:  1-V2 body.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  71.0 KB

According to Brad Nestle the 45 frames were made by a guy in Texas who also made them for Autocockers and VMs. There is also a "new products" article in the 1994 issue of PSI which shows them labeled as 45 Elite Frames.

I had originally thought the frames made in Texas and the so called "Euro Frame" were two different things but seeing the information in this thread along with Brad's description makes it seem like they were made in Texas and then distributed by Venom and as Bunny wrote, "Powerpulse Products" in Europe.

I'll edit that video's description to clarify the frame (from my knowledge doesn't have anything to do with TVL) aside from being pictured on that TVL mag in the French magazine.
    I'm gathering some information and that scan and I'll post them in the next couple days and then add the link here.

Here is a post from back in 2004 (all re link my images when I reupload the images):
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?154163

Edit: And here is all the information I've gathered put into an article:
    http://www.baccipaintball.com/oldnew...-cockers-vm68s
    Last edited by bacci paintball; 11-06-2014 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Added article on 45 Elite frames.