Thread: Leaking pump mag

Leaking pump mag

I got a power tube spacer kit and put the smallest spacer it came with(.215) and every once in a while it will still leak down the barrel...I guess the question is, can I get a smaller spacer or do I have to make my own? If it matters it's an x valve with a rt on/off. I also have another pump mag with a stock classic valve ańd stock on/off that does the same thing every once in a while...thanks

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by keiko_819 View Post
    I got a power tube spacer kit and put the smallest spacer it came with(.215) and every once in a while it will still leak down the barrel...I guess the question is, can I get a smaller spacer or do I have to make my own? If it matters it's an x valve with a rt on/off. I also have another pump mag with a stock classic valve ańd stock on/off that does the same thing every once in a while...thanks
    is it a constant leak, or intermittent? does the leak stop when you hold the trigger? have you tried cleaning the o-ring and power tube, and re-oiling the o-ring? have you tried replacing the powertube o-ring?

just to be clear, it's a leak coming out of the barrel, and not someplace else, correct?

have you tried putting the valve into a stock automag to rule out the pump kit stuff causing issues?

It's a new power tube oring(well lubed), I did run the valve in another mag without the pump and the leak was about the same(every once in a while)...

Cyco-Dude Guest
    i would put a new power tube o-ring in. even new o-rings can be bad...it's rare, but i've had it happen. occasionally you get one that's not quite the right dimensions.

if you've tried a few and they all leak, i would look at the bolt and sear. how worn is the bolt lip? is the sear damaged at all? is the trigger rod length correct? are you using a regular or rt on/off? if you're using an rt on/off, what is the on/off pin length?

I would go with a shorter powertube spacer, but you will have to grind one down yourself.

If you have access to a spare powertube tip, shorten it where it contacts the spacer. That way you can use it to ensure you have the shortest spacer distance when using it in a pump mag. The shorter tip can be supstituted with a regular powertube tip when you want to use the valve in a regular semi-automatic mag.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.