Thread: x valve help

x valve help

My farther and i recently purchased the x valve from agd his arrived before mine, we both put them in 68 automag classics his works like a dream mine on the other hand doesn't I need help. The problem is when I engage air to the bolt no leaks no problems once I fire the gun it starts leaking out of the barrel, if I put slight pressure on the trigger it stops. I have swapped body's with dad's auto mag and same problem so it's in the bolt anyone have any ideas thanks

Sounds like your lvl-10 needs tuning.

This post will help you tune it.

Change the powertube oring. You might see if a few drops of oil stop it, but suspect it will return.

Even though this video is dealing with classic valves but much of it is the same or at least similar to your valve.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Even though this video is dealing with classic valves but much of it is the same or at least similar to your valve.

I don't need a video, i just listen to BigEvil. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I don't need a video, i just listen to BigEvil. :P
    Those voices in your head again ?

Quote Originally Posted by donttryullose View Post
    The problem is when I engage air to the bolt no leaks no problems once I fire the gun it starts leaking out of the barrel, if I put slight pressure on the trigger it stops.
    Remove the shims from the powertube. They are pushing the carrier oring too far into the powertube and exposing the level 10 vent hole.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.