Thread: Vet's day

Vet's day

Vet's Day will be Tues. don't let Obama look like he gives a damn. He'll make alot of gestures like He knows, but he don't. He never served . He's a failure, we should elect people who have really been there, they'll know the cost. It takes a man whose been there to understand the cost of service to know what is asked. Too many of us have given! with no acknowledgement. If you ask a Man to die, at least acknowledge his commitment for you. Love the Flag everyday and not just holiday's.If you want an idea look at the vid from five figure death punch wrong side of heaven hardcore stat's
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

I've never served, but have plenty of friends and family who have. I respect, appreciate and admire everything they and any one else has done. I watched that video for the first time a few weeks ago, mostly because the band has really grown on me recently. What a punch in the gut it was. They really hit home on some very personal issues vets have to deal with upon returning.

With a risk of poking the proverbial hornets nest, to me as a foreigner, it seems Obama has done more good for your country than any president since Clinton. Rest seem to have just made things worse, at least on the global scale. Of course I'm lacking the first person perspective of the things..

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    With a risk of poking the proverbial hornets nest, to me as a foreigner, it seems Obama has done more good for your country than any president since Clinton. Rest seem to have just made things worse, at least on the global scale. Of course I'm lacking the first person perspective of the things..
    With every president has come good and bad. It really depends on where you personally stand on the issues.

Obama is a pretty face that wants to be the first US dictator. He has done nothing to try to unify this country and everything to try and devide and Concor it. Any more we don't get an option of a person that really cares about the country because the corrupt slime runs them off.

All that aside. To the service men and woman. I salute you and thank you for all the freedoms you fight to keep that our elected leaders of any party are trying to destroy.

Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    Vet's Day will be Tues. don't let Obama look like he gives a damn. He'll make alot of gestures like He knows, but he don't. He never served . He's a failure, we should elect people who have really been there, they'll know the cost. It takes a man whose been there to understand the cost of service to know what is asked. Too many of us have given! with no acknowledgement. If you ask a Man to die, at least acknowledge his commitment for you. Love the Flag everyday and not just holiday's.If you want an idea look at the vid from five figure death punch wrong side of heaven hardcore stat's
    So John Adams, John Q Adams, Martin Van Buren, Grover Cleveland, Woodrow Wilson, Warren G Harding, Calvin Coolidge, Herbert Hoover, FDR, and Bill Clinton all shouldn't have been president? I fail to see how military experience will ensure a good leader, as there have been numerous leaders of varying success from both camps. You could use numerous presidents who have served as proof that we shouldn't elect people who have served.

What makes the most sense is to elect people who seem best suited to the job regardless of whether they've served or not.

Edit: I forgot those that served but never actually saw action: Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James K. Polk, Chester A. Arthur, William Howard Taft, Ronald Reagan, and George W. Bush should all not have been president as well. So 39% of our nations presidents are unqualified using this reasoning.
    Last edited by snoopay700; 11-10-2014 at 01:44 PM.
    Il n'y a point de sots si incommodes que ceux qui ont de l'esprit.

I know what I was put through. I remember the friends I lost. My war is mostly forgotten, But I was there!