Thread: What would you pay for?

What would you pay for?

Note to Mods, this is purely an exercise meant to be fun. No sales of any sort are involved.

So I am sitting here today messing around with some different setups and parts that I have sitting around. I'm intrigued by the resurgence so to speak of interest in both pump and old markers and was just curious as to what anyone would think of, want in and willing to pay for a factory produced Pump Mag? Again, this is meant to be fun, but what would Mag fans be willing to pay for a brand new PumpMag similar to this:

Name:  DSCN8934.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  85.9 KB

Notes: I picked the Tac body as I believe it can appeal to both those looking for milsim capability and those who aren't. A ULE could be very easily swapped in. The CF frame was chosen because it's light as all get out and there are tons of them around. Classic valve as well due to lots on the market. Pump kit is just for reference, lets assume it would be similar to this or maybe even reminiscent of the original kits or even an XM15 kit. Which would be most preferred? Barrel is also just because it's what I had laying around at the moment. Bottom line is an A5 and personally I like the look. My scenario would include a stock VASA with an adapter similar to what the A5's utilize as well. If you wanted to go stock class, you could just unscrew it and put in the bucket changer of choice. Also the Empire spring feed is for giggles. Could be an option if people wanted.

Thoughts?

I suppose something around empire snipers price point.

What I find interesting is how the pump on an automag is so different from all other pumps out there. You are simply resetting the bolt just a few mm which takes little to no pressure if the pump is set up correctly. All other pumps have to move some larger part like a bolt, which are under spring tension. Being that pump mags are so different I really think they could have a revival if there was an AGD marketed one. The biggest dilemma is the fact that pump mags have a few quirky things that make them a little less "reliable" or "user-friendly" then standard mags. With AGD's skeleton crew running operations right now, I doubt producing a new full gun would be plausible right now.

But to answer your core question... yes I think a Factory Manufactured AGD Pump would do pretty well in todays market at a price point similar the Empire Tracer or a used cocker pump. Anything close to the MVP price point would put it dead in the water right out the gate. I still don't know how Bob is still selling those MVP Pumps.

The biggest change I would make would be to include an aluminum classic valve with a few RT valve recharge improvements, but keeping things at a lower cost. Making it proprietary like the Classic RT valve or Sydarm valve might help keep things unique and only pump compatible. This might be a shot in the foot like the Classic RT valve was, but it also might keep things simpler to tech. Call it the Pump Valve and put an efficacy insert in it so you could use 12grams or larger tanks.

That's my $.50

Appreciate the input. Not sure why you would need a faster recharge rate on a pump, but I guess it's an idea. $150 pricepoint is pretty aggressive. Considering Resurrections and brand new Snipers sell for over $400.... ULE bodies alone sell for $145. Doesn't leave much room for all the other stuff.

Maybe if the rail and body were printed on a 3D printer the price would come down a lot . I honestly didn't know the market cost of the new Tracers. $200-$250 I think would be the sweet spot for something simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8ermog View Post
    Maybe if the rail and body were printed on a 3D printer the price would come down a lot . I honestly didn't know the market cost of the new Tracers. $200-$250 I think would be the sweet spot for something simple.
    Because of the time it would take, I would guess a printed rail would be more expensive in the end.

Plastic AGD marker? No Thanks. Low price point, i.e. made in China, No Thanks.

What makes the Mag so resilient and loved is the modular aspect and how that modularity can be personal. A stand alone gun could sell, but what would you take away from the concept to meet a certain price point? Though having a basic gun would be easier to sell outright to get the masses to try/buy one but other than that, what else could you need? A basic gun could clear out old bodies and valves, parts that are common on the open market, but its those pump kits that make the gun. Look at how the pump kits routinely sell out, when they come up, or how Rainman sell out when he is persauded to make them.

I believe that handing pump mags to pump players, would get people more interested IF there were pump kits made available and not 9n waiting lists.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I believe that handing pump mags to pump players, would get people more interested IF there were GOOD pump kits made available.
    Fixed.

But mainly I was wanting to focus on a hypothetical reintroduction of a PumpMag. Complete, out of the box, ready to rock. IMO, it should still be compatible with other Mag platforms, at least interchangeability of the valve maybe. The modularity of the Mag is both a benefit as well as a downfall. It would be awesome to have a unibody, uniframe etc Mag, but then it has to be developed around the Mag engine. If the idea went towards making a cheap introduction PumpMag that has no interchangeability with other Mags, then you might as well pump an eNMey.

This was really meant as an exercise in finding out what anyone would be willing to pay for an out of the box PumpMag similar to how Empire has reintroduced the Sniper.
    Last edited by OPBN; 11-14-2014 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79 View Post
    Because of the time it would take, I would guess a printed rail would be more expensive in the end.
    I have them and use them. :P

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Plastic AGD marker? No Thanks. Low price point, i.e. made in China, No Thanks.
    I don't think I live in china.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    I have them and use them. :P

We get it, you print stuff. But you're not doing production runs and I would guess printed rails would both be more expensive in the long run and not what most people associate with an AGD product. Also, I question how well would printed rails hold up when utilized in a PumpMag? What materials can be used?

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    We get it, you print stuff. But you're not doing production runs and I would guess printed rails would both be more expensive in the long run and not what most people associate with an AGD product. Also, I question how well would printed rails hold up when utilized in a PumpMag? What materials can be used?
    sorry didn't know I was annoying you
    you can do a lot of materials.

pump setup im working on right now. not sure on that yet.

but yeah I hear where you are coming from.

Did you just self appoint yourself to mas produce plastic markers for AGD?? lol.

I dont care where the plastic parts come from I wouldn't buy it, were talking about plastic here. NO THANKS!

In addition, moving the manufacturing to CHINA in attempts to produce a $250 AGD pump marker in plastic or aluminum. NO THANKS.

Did you just self appoint yourself to mas produce plastic markers for AGD?? lol.

I dont care where the plastic parts come from I wouldn't buy it, were talking about plastic here. NO THANKS!

In addition, moving the manufacturing to CHINA in attempts to produce a $250 AGD pump marker in plastic or aluminum. NO THANKS.
    yeah I hear ya.
    plastic is no good.

I was just poking fun,
    wasn't the thread to do it in.

yeah I hear ya.
    plastic is no good.

I was just poking fun,
    wasn't the thread to do it in.
    I read your tone as joking.

Didn't they come out with a carbon fiber printer? That might be an option.

But the more I think about it... the more ridiculous a plastic rail sounds when paired with a pump gun. If you pump it fast enough it could maybe melt down the rail and I bet it would smell great too lol.

So simple aluminum rail, Rainman/CCM like pump, ULE body, Classic valve and AGD single trigger = $275 IMO

I own both an AGD and Rainman pump. Currently I like the AGD one better but that could be just cause of the way I have both set up. If we are talking customizing then it should be a CCM/Rainman style pump so handles are interchangeable and the plate can be anodized... like mine

I read your tone as joking.

Didn't they come out with a carbon fiber printer? That might be an option.
    [/IMG]
    yeah I currently print stuff for guys overseas with carbon fiber. I have yet to do it for myself.

but yeah Aluminum all the way.

So simple aluminum rail, Rainman/CCM like pump, ULE body, Classic valve and AGD single trigger = $275 IMO

Glad I can make you laugh Luke.

I just realized that I've never bought a new gun before. So my internal price list is always used prices. lol

Just my $.02 ... I think I've used versions of all the pump kits available for mags and the cerberus is by far my favorite. I've also heard that from multiple other people. What is the primary reason for going with the Rainman/CCM style?

Personally I like the Cerebrus/AGD and XM15 kits better. I just have the RM kit and using it for mock up.

I would suggest going with a standard ULE body over the TAC 1 body. The TAC body will limit your audience more so than a ULE body. I'd also say go with something better manufactured than the RM kits. I don't mind the look but the machining is subpar, this is coming from somebody that own one.

I think your best but price wise would be in the $250-300 range. I'm not sure how doable that is but that is where I would look at buying one.