Thread: Pistolized Automag, Offer up! Price is OBO

Pistolized Automag, Offer up! Price is OBO

I'm selling what has become my recent addiction, a Mag pistol I put together a couple months ago.

It has:
    Red ULE body - there is a slight blemish under the feed tube where the welder arced to it making the brackets. Has no effect on anything whatsoever.
    R/T Pro rail - sandblasted
    SP wood grips - SUPER comfy, and I'll send you the package they came from.
    Deadlywind Null 6" barrel
    Laser mounted on a picatinny rail under the 12g changer
    Palm-activated pressure switch - I ran the wires through the frame, so as to not mess up the grips. You can see a faint line of black RTV above the safety on the frame to fill the groove I cut for the wires. It's a pretty slick job, I believe.
    ASA extender - Makes it a lot easier to get hold of the changer.
    I welded some sheet aluminum to the sides of a RAP-4 T68 magazine, and they run straight down to the sides of the rail.

Thanks for looking!
    Price: $375 shipped OBO. No parting.

Pic (I'll have more, once I can get all of my files uncorrupted):

Name:  IMG_0050.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  92.6 KB
    Last edited by b-cuzz; 11-17-2014 at 11:21 PM.

Any chance you can impart some wisdom and tell us what kind of springfeed that is?

From the description I would say "RAP-4 T68 magazine".

That's the one! My original plan was to reload it by changing magazines, but the retaining springs on the tube were too stiff to make that practical. This is just as easy, and I didn't have to worry about losing the tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by b-cuzz View Post
    That's the one! My original plan was to reload it by changing magazines, but the retaining springs on the tube were too stiff to make that practical. This is just as easy, and I didn't have to worry about losing the tubes.
    I made an adapter to 20rd version of that magazine for my tac one. Maybe the springs are softer in those, but I can quick change them no problem.

I was probably just doing it wrong. I figured this way would be easier for me than trying to get the notches for the pins in the right spot.

Offer up, folks! Price is now OBO.

just curious, how many shots on average does a 12g Co2 cartrage give you on a mag?

I think it depends on the setup. With this one I can get right at 20, but with the rifle, it took 2 cartridges to get through 20 shots. The rifle has an 18" barrel, but everything else is pretty much the same.

Correct me if im wrong, but I believe the temp is a major variable in the amount of shots per cartridge also alpha_q_up23, it can change the PSI and so on... (ie. playing in the freezing rain or snow compared to our sunny warm days in California)

P.S. remember the milsim guy who told us at the Shack field awhile ago his TiPX got about 30-40 shots per cartridge?

Temp is always a factor with Co2. I played a base tourney at Camp Pendleton with an fps cap of 300, and they clocked us going on and coming off. I'd go on shooting 220, and come off at over 300, even using an expansion chamber. CP didn't have an air compressor back then. I used both the pistol and my rifle outdoors on the same day, so I'm assuming all things equal. The barrel length probably plays some part in it, too. I can't help but think that it would take more Co2 to get a ball out the end of an 18" barrel than it would a 6" barrel at the same velocity. Then there's the paint to barrel match, too.