Thread: Egomag Questions

Egomag Questions

So.... I am about knee deep in my first Egomag build. I am looking at buying a SS MPA-3 Ram from Luke, but I'm a little confused. I looked at the picture on his site, and it seems the ram is just a cylinder. How is it held in place? Do I need to glue it on the ram? Does it just bounce between the sear and cylinder / disk in the ram? Any insight would be appreciated.

I believe from other people, you need to "slot" the frame so it sit in where the sear would be, then drill and tap a set of set screws to hold it in place. You do not want it to be free & i think that glue would not work for long, as the stress would eventually break the bond. Remember, you would be firing the gun, how many times, how many cases? Plus you would not want it to break in the middle of a game, as that would cause damage.

Thank Nobody for the info.

Does anyone know where I can get a cord plug like the one on the ego solenoid? Its a small white rectangle with 4 holes, and a guide on one side so it cannot be plug in backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dawg View Post
    So.... I am about knee deep in my first Egomag build. I am looking at buying a SS MPA-3 Ram from Luke, but I'm a little confused. I looked at the picture on his site, and it seems the ram is just a cylinder. How is it held in place? Do I need to glue it on the ram? Does it just bounce between the sear and cylinder / disk in the ram? Any insight would be appreciated.
    the ram sits in the delrin plunger cup on the inside of the MPA3, I have done epoxy on mine, small dab, let it sit for 24hrs just make sure it sets up.
    I hope I understood the question and that is the answer you are looking for.

That's what I was asking. Thanks for the info guys. Now it's time to repay you with info for future generation! I found a post on nation claiming to have the connector part numbers for the eyes and solenoid on an ego board. I;m going to order some and see if they work out.

These items can be purchased from http://www.newark.com/
    4 pin housing (Solenoid) Manufacturer Part No: ZHR-4 Newark Part No. 69C6772
    2 pin housing (Eyes) Manufacturer Part No: ZHR-2 Newark Part No. 69C6770
    pins Manufacturer Part No: SZH-003T-P0.5 Newark Part No. 68C7949

I don't know if you've already found this?

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...version-how-to

Quote Originally Posted by The Dawg View Post
    That's what I was asking. Thanks for the info guys. Now it's time to repay you with info for future generation! I found a post on nation claiming to have the connector part numbers for the eyes and solenoid on an ego board. I;m going to order some and see if they work out.

These items can be purchased from http://www.newark.com/
    4 pin housing (Solenoid) Manufacturer Part No: ZHR-4 Newark Part No. 69C6772
    2 pin housing (Eyes) Manufacturer Part No: ZHR-2 Newark Part No. 69C6770
    pins Manufacturer Part No: SZH-003T-P0.5 Newark Part No. 68C7949
    STICKY THIS LINK or add if to a STICKY,
    if you can mods.

Yes Laku, I have found that thread on several different forums. It is the best guide I've found. I just want to do thing a little different. It wouldn't be that difficult to just solder the noid to the board, but that's more permanent than I care for it to be. I'm using a SMC-SDG-32 noid, which I have heard don't hold up well under high bps.

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    I don't know if you've already found this?

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...version-how-to
    sticky this with the other too.

Smc cycle upto around 17bps if you want higher use a mac noid

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to be installing the barb on my ram soon. I have some stock A5 cyclone barbs laying around. Do you think that will work? I'm not aware of any internals that would muck up the process. I figure its worth asking before I drill and tap a hole specifically for it.

The mac noids are M3 thread if that helps