Thread: is it possible to anodize an X-Valve...

is it possible to anodize an X-Valve...

....without messing up its function/tolerances? And if so, what is there to consider when doing so?

Apologies if this has been asekd before as I am sure is has, but I was not able to find anything specific through the search function.

I have a blue X-Valve here and I dont like its color too much, so I'd appreciate any information on wether this is possible. Thanks in advance for any help or pointers anyone might have.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    yeah, i've seen a few x-valves with custom anodizing before. you might consider selling the blue x-valve, as they are harder to come by, and get another x-valve instead.
    Last edited by Cyco-Dude; 11-16-2014 at 10:35 AM.

Ask to trade. Unless it's a special Xvalve, like a reverse or a Tunamax or something like that, it would be easier to trade straight up vs selling and buying a new one. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by flampaint View Post
    ....without messing up its function/tolerances? And if so, what is there to consider when doing so?

Apologies if this has been asekd before as I am sure is has, but I was not able to find anything specific through the search function.

I have a blue X-Valve here and I dont like its color too much, so I'd appreciate any information on wether this is possible. Thanks in advance for any help or pointers anyone might have.
    ive had 4 done.
    I opted out of removing the zlock pin, that is in the back half of the valve,
    I always had Caustic customs just cover it. so it didn't get dissolved.

Thanks a lot for the replies.
    I didn't like the blue valve too much at first. But then I played through some of the possible configurations in my head and came up with something I like and which doesn't require me to change the color of the blue valve (which does seem to have a certain value to it, since it is apparently not so common)
    I'd appreciate any comments on this! (And yes, I prefer single trigger frames over double trigger ones when it's a mech Mag )

Name:  3-DSC_1346.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  52.4 KB
    Name:  1-DSC_1339.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  31.7 KB
    Name:  2-DSC_1342.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  41.1 KB
    Last edited by flampaint; 11-17-2014 at 04:01 PM.

I like the black/grey with blue accents. If it had a blue trigger , it would set it off nicely.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    i wonder what it would look like if the mini direct mount asa was blue instead of black...

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    If it had a blue trigger , it would set it off nicely.
    Agree completely! Do you happen to know if the triggers on the benchmark frames are aluminum? (not sure)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    i wonder what it would look like if the mini direct mount asa was blue instead of black...
    Stop! You just got me thinking again!
    seriously though, I agree - it wouuld most likely look much nicer.
    I also have to get a proper frame screw (the one I'm using now is a bit too hefty and I dont like the chrome - it was just what I had lying around and which was neither too long or too short). A pair of blue Dye Stickies might work too... but even sth as simple as that is hard to get over here

I really like the look of the minor blue touches! And I totally agree on single trigger frames when it comes to mech.

Bench mark triggers are steel. Lord knows I've drill enough holes in them. I don't believe you can use a home "blueing" kit to get a color even close to the anno. Be way too dark. Spiffy idea though. You might look for one of the skinny triggers and a blue shoe.
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?