Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What does everyone do for a living??

What does everyone do for a living??

I always love knowing what people do for a living. What is every ones expertise!?

Never know, we might end up sourcing some good contacts here!

For work...currently i update legal libraries. Yah...I know not much help to Ya there.

On the other hand I have done a lot of unusual things...reverse engineered medical products and battery packs, worked in the taxidermy industry, made jewelry...

I take people's money for a living. I have a dual job title. I will leave it at that...

Machinist/machine builder for a company that specializes in thermal and vapor management systems. Mostly automotive and aerospace industry.

Software engineer

i'm a professional eater... that doesn't get paid...

Actuary working in the retirement field

Salesman.
    Warehouse Manager.
    Transport manager.
    Truck driver.
    and more ... small business.

currently,
    im a Mechanical drafter at A tonneau cover company: design parts and such,
    3D printer,
    overall cad designer,
    I have worked with lathes and knee mills,
    along with a very long line of other work I have done in the past when younger.(daycares, nursing homes, food industry, extrusion factory, oil and air filter factory, US NAVY),

my skills have grown very well over the last 6 months, expinentially

Loan Officer - I help provide home financing for VA, FHA, Conventional and USDA home loans

Hospice Nurse. I care for the terminally ill and dying until the moment of death, pronounce time of death, and provide post-mortem care. We try to prepare the families for when death is imminent, and perform the after death procedures such as notifying the mortician for pick up of the remains of the deceased and preparing the body for transport.

I play paintball to celebrate life and health, and to try to forget all the deaths that occurred the week before.

Medical insurance benefits

I'm the regional coordinator over Western Africa for a development and disaster response NGO.

That's where teaching, tutoring, audio teching, computer drafting, irrigation design, and well drilling got me.

Probably easy to guess. I work at a design company doing 3d CAD design & drafting. Been doing it since 1997. Everything we do is pretty much a one off design. Has to work the first time. Everything from tiny tiny medical equoipment to structural steel for buildings. Molded stuff, machined, welded. We design it all. We used to do cnc rograming as wel but had a falling out with the shop we did it for.

Of course I design paintball stuff as well for fun. And to fund my addiction.
    Last edited by cougar20th; 11-20-2014 at 07:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

MOTY3
    Industrial Radiographer (I XRay stuff), Magnetic Particle and Liquid Penetrant Technician. That's what I'm certified in but now I am the NDE Manager so I schedule the other guys to do the work while I sit behind a desk getting fat.

I work at a ski shop. See if you can guess where.

Quote Originally Posted by VailSkibum View Post
    I work at a ski shop. See if you can guess where.
    Uh....Vail?

Mechanical Engineer by degree. Project/Manufacturing Engineer by trade. I work for a jet engine designer/manufacturer, figuring out how to machine, fabricate, bond, and assemble the items they design. I also work on overhaul and repair processes for parts that have reached a service interval, worn out, or been damaged in the field.
    Last of the Salzburg Clan

Auto & Truck Mechanic / Technician, 24yrs give or take
    have done some heavy equipment repairs
    worked at various dealerships for years
    private garage's
    worked for a racing company doing machine shop & carburetor work
    Anyone remember a store called " Rickels Home Center " ? that was my first Job

Road warrior for a national building material company.

Quite the variety!

I am in industrial automation and instrumentation. I repair, calibrate, and commission measurement equipment and integrate it into PLC/DSC systems. I used to design and build CNC machines, and would like to get back into that. Board level electronics are definitely my favourite though, no money in it though.

PHP and node.js programmer. Front-end stuff is my area of expertise, but back-end pays better so that's where I'm at. Would love to someday jump back into the bike industry though.

Mechanical Engineer, more often than not I'm the guy that gets to do the fun calculations and analysis at work.
    Il n'y a point de sots si incommodes que ceux qui ont de l'esprit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I take people's money for a living. I have a dual job title. I will leave it at that...
    That must really take a toll on you !

Wow

I'm an [a]rchitectural designer, hopefully in 6 months when I have my exams wrapped up I'll be a real live [A]rchitect with a license.
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyBeans View Post
    Uh....Vail?
    No Lake Tahoe. Silly person :P

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    That must really take a toll on you !

Wow
    Working Thanksgiving, getting straight time, plus holiday pay. Yes a huge toll, especially when i bring in my paintball stuff to work on

I run the wire cutting department in a shopping cart factory. I also order raw material, do inventory control, drive forklift, and whatever else they think I need to do at that particular time.

i'm also the only one in the plant that is willing to be negative about a great many things including working 84 hours a week just to try to fill the order of ONE customer especially when management spends all their time griping about overtime and low profit margins then they do the above and loose most of their profits on the order.

in case you havn't picked up on it I have something of a bad attitude about the place.

i currently work in a Machine shop, started a year and half ago as a spare hands/shop grunt, now I'm gun drilling, trepanning, running knee mills, turn lathes, and some older CNC machines along with my duties as shop hands when needed