Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What does everyone do for a living??

I rule a small galaxy in another universe, keeps me amused.
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    I rule a small galaxy in another universe, keeps me amused.
    Sounds like a "shell" game to me.

Project manager for a general contractor. From start to finish on any size house or commercial project, but we specialize in high end custom homes.

Used to be an editor at a Post Production company in SoCal where I edited internal videos for Disneyland Parks. On the weekends I was a head ref, videographer and Webmaster for Hollywood Sports and SC Village.

Then I was a Union Engineer at a TV station where I aired 2 super bowls and helped keep 2 national stations on the air locally.

Just moved to Colorado where I turned down 2 TV station jobs to take an IT Administrator job at an amazing global ministry called Focus on the Family. So far this is my favorite job. Really love CO.

Coffee, coffee and more coffee - one-man-show doing the following:
    * Sourcing green coffee directly from small cooperative farmers in Guatemala
    * Roasting and packaging the coffee at origin together with the farmers (thus leaving all value-added steps at origin)
    * Importing and selling roasted coffee at end-customer level as well as green coffee to small roasters here in Europe
    Did I mention it has to do with coffee? (no intenion of overusing the word "coffee" here at all ) think I had a few too many cups of it this morning...

I am a board level electronic component broker. I telecommute from my home it's why I probably seem to be on here 24/7. Yes working from home is awesome at times, but it is also soul sucking at times as well. Doesn't help that the industry is slow as crap right now .....

Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    I'm the regional coordinator over Western Africa for a development and disaster response NGO.

That's where teaching, tutoring, audio teching, computer drafting, irrigation design, and well drilling got me.
    Is that mercy corps by random chance?

Turns out I do a lot of work in Africa too. I help development banks and microfinance institutions refine their strategies to be a bit more self-sustaining and effective.

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    Is that mercy corps by random chance?

Turns out I do a lot of work in Africa too. I help development banks and microfinance institutions refine their strategies to be a bit more self-sustaining and effective.
    not mercy corps, but I dabble in micro finance. We should talk. I'll PM you in the next few days once I can sit still long enough to actually compose real thoughts.

I currently sell auto parts, and am going to school to get my aircraft mechanic's license.

Quote Originally Posted by bowcycle View Post
    not mercy corps, but I dabble in micro finance. We should talk. I'll PM you in the next few days once I can sit still long enough to actually compose real thoughts.
    sounds good. maybe after the holidays this week. it's a cramped week, particularly when i'm the only one i work with trying to take thursday and friday off

Used to work at Rolex Beverly Hills as watch maker. Played at Hollywood sports as home field on team chikun nuggetz. Now in dallas still with Rolex. Love it here in dallas.
    Last edited by Ongbak_MAG; 12-11-2014 at 11:30 AM.

Removable prosthodontics

I am a directional driller on rig that drills for oil and gas. It keeps me away from home months at a time with little time off. Good thing though is I have the ability to bring my gear with me and keep regular maintenance done on the guns. Mostly I do a ton of math (sin, cos, tan) to be able to drill a curve and steer it where the customer wants to be at distances of several miles away underground. Ive worked all over this country and have really enjoyed seeing it. Its not the most family friendly job, but it has its trade offs.

Was a full time civil engineering student but ill be graduating in 6 days. currently on the job hunt and studying to take my F.E.

I pass gass

" I'm just a gigolo, and everybody knows...." In the real world I re-load ammunition, sorry I can't sell any. Man if I could I'd be making big bucks.

I'm VFX artist/TD, we do commercials, movies, etc. Stuff like this.

Designing and manufacturing lighting systems for the auto industry, (halogen, HID and led). Been doing it for twenty years, man I need a vacation.
    Flying the unfriendly skies.

If a utility tears it up I can fix it.Heavy equipment operator, paver,concrete full yard repair,truck driver and site forman, meh about 25 years worth.
    Dang I'm getting old,been dabbling at paintball since early early 90s.
    Last edited by dodge3500; 12-14-2014 at 11:02 AM.

Electrician by trade, was union right out of high school. I joined the Navy and went into the nuclear field... when they found out i was an electrician previously that was my new specialty (against my request). Medically retired from the Navy and now I work in the commercial nuclear industry while I get my degree finished

I'm a CPA. Work as a director full time and have a small tax and accounting practice on the side. Been at it for 8 years now

I work in Diagnostic Imaging.
    Xray and CT Technologist.

Neat thread, I know I mostly lurk but it's cool to see the "soft side" of AO.
    Xmag, IT Emag
    And a few other Emags.

Im a pressure vessel welder by trade. I have been a shop supervisor for about 3 years and a shop leadman before that, so I really haven't actually weld on anything in a while outside of goverment projects for myself. It tough keeping 20 rookies from scrapping tons of steel, so I dont get to weld much anymore I have to watch their every move.

Pre-vis/Layout artist in CG cartoon animation.

Quote Originally Posted by 38super View Post
    Pre-vis/Layout artist in CG cartoon animation.
    Ok dude, you better give a resume on the things you have worked on or you will be banned. Time to spill the beans.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Ok dude, you better give a resume on the things you have worked on or you will be banned. Time to spill the beans.
    30 years, it's a lo-o-o-o-n-g resume.
    Recent years:
    9 (feature directed by Shane Acker)
    Gnomeo and Juliet (feature directed by Kelly Asbury)
    The Nut Job (Peter Lepeniotis. Lousy reviews but made decent money)
    Spark (Animated Sci-fi still in production. Release spring/summer-ish 2015)
    Currently in pre-production on Nut Job II

Years of tv work as well on dozens of projects, CG and Classical. Remember Beetlejuice?
    ETA: just found this on IMDB. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1061137/?ref_=fn_al_nm_4
    Last edited by 38super; 12-24-2014 at 10:16 AM.

I remember watching beetlejuice and Rupert as a child, so much nostalgia

I loved watching eek the cat. I do love esoteric cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I loved watching eek the cat. I do love esoteric cartoons.
    It was fun to work on too. Some very funny stuff in the story boards that kept us chuckling.
    Still have the crew jacket. It's my fave.

precision engineering focusing on micro and nano technology
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"