Thread: so very confused...

so very confused...

I bought a minimag and well i have no air to test it right now but i took the valve out; it has a lvl 10 bolt but that gold spring in it instead of a carrier, the guy i bought it from says it shoots and doesnt leak.... I dont really believe that. Is that even possible?

It is possible that he shot it with a level 7 bolt and then installed the level 10 bolt by accident when he sent it to you. It is also possible to shoot a level 10 bolt with a level 7 setup if the right conditions are met. If the powertube spring was compressed, it could work.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Lvl 10 is the only bolt that takes a foamie, correct? And thanks for the info, for kicks i was going to try and air it up as is, it wont dammage anything will it? Of course im goinf to add a carrier before i play withit in a game.

its the only current one that takes a foamy. way way back in the 90's the early mags all used a foamy.

The early level 7 bolts all came with a foamy. The newer level 7 bolts are available with a hard nose or foamy.

Ah, ic. Thanks for the info, didnt know that. Never used anything but lvl 10