Thread: will anno cover this?

will anno cover this?

Will this get cover/ hidden when I anno or powder coat?

Ano will not hide that.

When it get's re-anned it will be either polished or blasted depending on if you are getting gloss or dust finish. They should be removed adequately enough. However, if they are very deep you still might see some of it.

Definitely. Those look tiny. Just send the anodizer this pic and ask him to pay special attention to it while polishing. He should be able to knock those out pronto.

Remember ; polishing is the removal of metal ,, the spots near the junction ; need to polish both parts evenly

Think of anno as dyeing an Easter egg. Anno adds no thickness. any blemishes will be seen. Powder coating adds like 3 thousands to the surface and will cover some "ugly". I'd say take some very fine sand paper, like 800 +wet/dry,wet sanded and smooth out the nicks then hit it with a scotch-brite pad followed by posishing compond. if you work up slowly wet sanding to like 1500 grit or 2000 grit , you can achieve almost a mirror finish. Most paint & body supply shops have some very fine grit papers. Believe it or not toothpaste is a very fine polishing compound. I've used it to clean up my headlight lens. And it gives it that minty fresh smell.Polishing anything takes time for to do it right means going slow & in stages.
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

Ty guys!

SpeedStar Racing should be able to rub that right off and some.

i had a couple of nasty nicks and caustic was able to polish em out pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Life View Post
    SpeedStar Racing should be able to rub that right off and some.
    I see what you did there. . .

. . .too soon, man, too soon.