Thread: Fill nipple Abaddon reg

Fill nipple Abaddon reg

So I have this Abaddon reg and the fill nipple leaks. Cannot find a oring that will work, nipple design is odd. The nipple is not npt thread, can anyone tell me where I might find a nipple that will work (bpt thread?) or an adapter to make it npt? I have already called Ninja ( I think thats correct, the company that was somehow affiliated with Air America, bought there machines, stock?) and they had nothing, but knew all about the reg.

An adapter won't work. The nipple needs to be properly seated in the threaded inlet at the proper depth for the nipple to work properly. You will probably need to take the fill nipple pin out and match the existing oring. Go to an oring store and get help if needed. If the oring is not there, find one that fits the pin properly. Make sure it is tight and is a high durometer rating or it will get distorted and blow off under high pressure.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

More importantly, you will need a urethane oring not a buna. You can use a buna to narrow down the choices, so you would only need 2 maybe 3 orings to test under pressure. Also, if you can't find it or the standard choices are not fitting right, look at metric orings. You can even take a pair of calipers to help narrow down the field.

Buna will work as long as you are only using air and not CO2. Its the durometer rating that is the important factor. It determines how stiff the oring is. Don't use a low durometer rating or you could be picking an entire oring out of your regulator. 4500psi will drive a soft oring into a very tiny passage quite easily.

I will post pictures of the pin and nipple tomorrow, because the old oring was so bad it was impossible to tell any size from it, that made it hard to tell if it sealed against a taper inside the nipple or slid into the shaft of the nipple. Tried both with buna orings that were too soft and they just distorted and jammed the pin or leaked.

Try contacting Immortal Air, Dan Colby (of Air America) new company.